Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    actually you don't need to do anything with fuel lines in a civic. They're the same between efi and carby.

You just need to upgrade the soft lines at either end.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    actually you don't need to do anything with fuel lines in a civic. They're the same between efi and carby.

You just need to upgrade the soft lines at either end.
    +1. Drives me insane when people say you have to change over the lines.... when all you have to do is change the soft lines.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    thats the thing i was talking about. is that hard to do? because if its not too hard then i would like to try it out. is there anyone out there that has a step by step example on how to this on a twin carb d15b4? and to anyone who knows more about carbs, by doing this does it use more fuel or does basically stay the same? and is it also legal to do this? i heard some people saying that by doing this it uses more fuel and cause u cant get both in carbs like u do on efi. like performance and also economical stuff. cheers guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i dont know how to convert the carby to EFi, but it doesnt cost much to get whatever d series engine which is carby and change the "soft lines" and fuel tank.

it costed me $500 for all the parts.
    d series can get it for $500 or less.

and install might set you 1k or so.

how much do you wanna spend? do you want more power?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I wouldn't bother Modding a carby engine. The only time I'd do it would be to a high compression b series or single cam d series vtec, with quad bike carbs on it.

They are too difficult to tune right, you can't really do it yourself, they will use heaps of fuel because they are only good for full throttle driving.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    ^ agree!

straight to b16a if I were him.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Option b is you can drop a mild cam and headers with the existing motor and it will do fine too. There are also little tweaks that can be done to the twin single throttle body carbs but you are getting into voodoo territory there. Oscar Jackson in the USA ran these motors with twin webbers as did AT Engineering and pulled up to 160bhp out of them. They respond exceptionally well to mods but TBH, it's going to be expensive (webbers and manifold etc). You can get good mid-range response out of them as well as top-end - but that pretty much sums up every NA Honda

Why do you want EFI? This is the first question you should ask - fuel economy is comparable so there's no gain there. More power? You're going to struggle to get more than 10-20 bhp more with the base Fi motors (and unless your friend's car is a VTiR) then that's hardly going to be worth the cost either. Anything not B16A minimum is pretty pointless for a disposable car that you will probably sell off.

How much money are you prepared to spend? If you really want more power, then sell off the existing car and buy a 5th gen Si or VTi or a 6th Gen VTiR.

There's nothing wrong with carby cars when they are built by Honda - now my old EH and A9X Holdens - there I could tell you some horror stories
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    thanks a lot for the help guys but i did some thinking and i will just most likely sell the car. :/ now another question i want to ask is what do yous think is the best? i love civics especially the egs but im more to the sedan tho but i also love integras. should i go for a vti civic or a gsi integra or vtir integra? hardly find any of the vtir around though. saw one for 8k in great condition but im not in a hurry to dispose my current car. cheers. oh and btw i do not know about the power difference in these cars so i would be glad if someone could like explain it to me. i know the vtir is a dohc vtec b18c2 n the vti civic are d16y8 and im not sure bout the gsi tegs. b18b2 is it? but any how i still want to know about your opinion guys. and if i do sell my civic i want to keep the next car for a fair long amount of time.
    Last edited by Goku; 13-04-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Go with vtec b series. These are the civic vti-r, the integra vti-r and the integra type r.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    thanks a lot for the help guys but i did some thinking and i will just most likely sell the car. :/ now another question i want to ask is what do yous think is the best? i love civics especially the egs but im more to the sedan tho but i also love integras. should i go for a vti civic or a gsi integra or vtir integra? hardly find any of the vtir around though. saw one for 8k in great condition but im not in a hurry to dispose my current car. cheers. oh and btw i do not know about the power difference in these cars so i would be glad if someone could like explain it to me. i know the vtir is a dohc vtec b18c2 n the vti civic are d16y8 and im not sure bout the gsi tegs. b18b2 is it? but any how i still want to know about your opinion guys. and if i do sell my civic i want to keep the next car for a fair long amount of time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    hey guys so i need a bit of help again. im thinking of actual selling the car now and im not sure how much is the car worth. but just to let u know that the car is running sweet and it is clean. a couple of tiny dent here n there but nothing major. i got the car last year and a couple of weeks later the timing belt snapped so i got a new motor fitted in and also changed the clutch, thrust bearing, flywheel, all the fluid flushed and filled with genuine honda oil, new radiator, new brake pads, new front and rear bumpers cause i reversed into a trolley pole (complete idiot of me) and all up ive spent about 3k on it. so any ideas guys? cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    how many km's has the engine done, how many has the body done? and how clean is it? and pics would help...

As for the eg's.. Both the eg and teggy look nice, and go hard. I had an eg gli, and that was a great car. Only problem I had with it is the now current gigantic dent in the side of it... *coughs* but yes, either or of them. I do love me a sunroof... I do like that poking up at the back thing with the sunroof, looks cool.