Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Engine Oil Leak! Getting worried! Please help!

Default Oil leak! Any help appreciated!

Hey guys!
    Alright so, I parked my 1996 DC2 Integra in the garage today and noticed a little puddle of oil on the ground.
    I thought nothing of it and went for a drive, Around 40 minutes, Came back and there was a trail of oil along, (I dont know whats its called See pictures)
    I wiped this off and about an hour later i checked it again because I had a gut feeling. And once again there was seeping oil along the piece of metal.
    Also noticed that behind the headers there was a fine layer of oil aswell.
    Yes i have checked my engine oil cap and there is no gunky stuff

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    can't see pix. Sounds a bit like your VTEC solenoid seal or valve cover or may be leaking. Quite likely the vtec solenoid
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Pictures aren't working...

That much oil could be coming from more then one place...
    If its on the front block where your engine typewriting is... it could be valve cover, vtec solonoid ( usually upper ) , o-ring or cam-seal ( main one )

For cam-seal, press on it and see if any oil is coming out!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    heres the pictures thanks to "bludger", if we only had him un-banned and back.

無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    are you sure that the engine is leakin oil could be something else (as stated above vtec solenoid could be leaking) ?
    also check engine oil levels regualarly to determine if you are losing oil from engine

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Had the same thing happen to my b16a2 ... but it was a really really slow seeping leak.. its the o-ring in your distributor mate.. the part is less than $5 from your local honda dealer.

edit:
    Also check under your distributor.. along the side of the block if theres a thin layer of oil seeping down.. if so yeah its the distributor o-ring.
    Last edited by eeko; 12-04-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    Check the level
    Spray degreaser where you think it's leaking
    Wash off
    Take for a short drive
    Park it up and inspect for a leak but make sure u wash it off properly

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Ive had this problem many times and never seemed to be able to fix it.. its always one thing or another...

First time vtec solonoid gasket was rooted.... then last week I traced it back to the brass screw which is next to the inlet manifold. I am still to find how and if its possible for it to leak around the blocking screw so have a look there too... pretty much do what has been said,

Degrease the engine all nice and clean. take for a drive and trace the leak back to the source.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I'd be replacing:
    1. Rubber Grommets that go where your rocker cover is bolted down (cheapest/easiest to do). You say there's a film of oil around the front one - replace them all for each bolt hole/stud.
    2. Rocker cover gasket - still pretty easy to do (put a smidge of gasket sealer on the corner of each hump).
    3. Move on to cam seals/VTEC solenoid seal. If you do NOT know what you are doing here, pay a professional for peace of mind.

In all cases, buy new and genuine parts. Sure Honda may gouge a little more but I've had bad experiences over the years with repro parts.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    in my eyes it doesnt looks likes its running from the valve cover and down the head to the block, but more from the headgasket

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Just replace all those i mention or if your cheap, lol regasket it using gasket glue ...won't last long though

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    heres the pictures thanks to "bludger", if we only had him un-banned and back.

My leak is EXACTLY here!
    So it could be the VTEC solenoid or O-Ring?
    What is the range of prices I would be looking at to fix? :/
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2