Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice purchasing 07 Accord Euro..

Hi Guys,

I’m looking at purchasing a MY07 Accord Euro 6 speed manual Build date Oct06 for $12,000 in VIC.
    The car seems in good condition apart from a few surface scratches and the average Km's of 120,000.

The only concern I have is when turning the steering wheel at low speeds there is a whining sound. I have searched the forums and the cause could be a number of things.
    The seller tells me that it is a common problem and Honda has recalled the model for this problem and can be repaired due to the recall.

Any opinions on the noise? What is the worst case/cost of repairing the steering problem? Is it a good buy?

And yes I know I should and will arrange an inspection before purchasing, but don’t want to waste my money on an inspection if the noise is a serious problem that could cost me thousands to fix.

Thanks
    Last edited by m3ntAL_l2; 15-04-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Merged. Duplic thread

Advice Purchasing 07 Accord Euro

Hi Guys,

I’m looking at purchasing a MY07 Accord Euro 6 speed manual Build date Oct06 for $12,000 in VIC.
    The car seems in good condition apart from a few surface scratches and the average Km's of 120,000.

The only concern I have is when turning the steering wheel at low speeds there is a whining sound. I have searched the forums and the cause could be a number of things.
    The seller tells me that it is a common problem and Honda has recalled the model for this problem and can be repaired due to the recall.

Any opinions on the noise? What is the worst case/cost of repairing the steering problem? Is it a good buy?

And yes I know I should and will arrange an inspection before purchasing, but don’t want to waste my money on an inspection if the noise is a serious problem that could cost me thousands to fix.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of shoes
    The recall has nothing to do with the steering noise, the recall concerns with the power steering hose. The noise that the steering makes doesn't affect anything it just sounds ugly. But to get rid of the noise they replace the steering rack seals, not sure how much it costs since I had it done under warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPig View Post
    The recall has nothing to do with the steering noise, the recall concerns with the power steering hose. The noise that the steering makes doesn't affect anything it just sounds ugly. But to get rid of the noise they replace the steering rack seals, not sure how much it costs since I had it done under warranty.
    actually it does, I got the whirring noise when my PS hose leaked, something to do with pressure loss, once recall done, the noise went away

However, there were cases of permanent damage being done to the PS pump due to neglect to have recall done or have the issue fixed, in that case, new PS pump is in order.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

if its the power steering pump is it still a good buy for the price?
    If its the pump any idea what it will cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Shouldn't have to worry about that noise with the steering, i have it too and it will be fixed when i go for my next service.
    Check if it still has extended warranty?

I found out that mine had extended warranty and I think im covered for this problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    for a 06 it's a good price.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Why doesn't the owner go get the PS hose recall done before selling? It's free anyway...

Usually it came from the power steering hose pressure.. (afaik) The Honda Recall was the Power Steering Pressure Hose

If you tend to ignore it for too long hence it will make noise (correct me if im wrong) This is a common problem in Euro.
    You can however replace the "0" ring and clean + replace the power steering oem fluid - the sound should go away
    - If this is the case then its a quick and cheap fix take it to your mechanic.

worse case is the power steering stuffed up.. But yeah, go for a good inspection, will save you $$$ in the future.
    Good luck bro.. Hope that help

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    doesnt honda fix it for you for free?
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    The recall is only for the power steering hose. if the seller has left that issue for a while the ps pump might crap itself sooner or later which is costly.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    It is still a very good price for a 2006 Euro.