Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Euro 2006 Luxury Sat Nav

Question [Euro] After market Sunroof

People,

I wasn't able to convince myself I needed a luxury Euro when I bought my std Euro. I now want a sunroof and am thinking of getting a Hollandia 700 installed.

I'd appreciate any feed back on this brand.

Also I was wondering in the Luxury is the centre interior light further back on the roof lining, I'd reckon it would have to be as the sunroof hole would be right where my current light is.

Thanks

Paul

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury
    The light is over the back seats... the map lights light the front.

Have heard Hollandia 700 is very good. Alot of people have installed them on Mazda3's where there is no factory sunroof option.

Hollandia also make sunroofs for luxury european cars, so quality is there. Will set you back around $2 to $2.5K. Not worth it IMO unless you are planning to keep the car for a long while. But having a sunroof KICKS ASS!! Yep and they make it look like an OEM fit with same colour sunroof interior cover (the thing that pulls back and forth to expose the window).....Good luck!

very nice

out of curiousity, wouldn't it compromise the safety structure of the car's body if an aftermarket sunroof was to be installed?

Well, in some way proably yes, however they install it between the beams on the roof. I wouldn't think it to be a big diffierence in strucutre rigidity, so long as its done correctly, by the right people. And chances are, you won't be tracking or racing your luxury car anyway

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Euro 2006 Luxury Sat Nav
    Thanks everyone I appreciate your input.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro Lux
    Actually, installing a sunroof improves the structural integrity of the vehicle's roof since they need to weld reinforcements to maintain the sunroof in position. Cars without a sunroof usually have no reinforcements across the roof (other than around the front/rear windscreens) and only the roof panel. I know this cos I had a Hollandia (can't remember model number) sunroof installed in my previous vehicle when it was not available as an option. Definitely worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by KL1368
    Actually, installing a sunroof improves the structural integrity of the vehicle's roof since they need to weld reinforcements to maintain the sunroof in position. Cars without a sunroof usually have no reinforcements across the roof (other than around the front/rear windscreens) and only the roof panel. I know this cos I had a Hollandia (can't remember model number) sunroof installed in my previous vehicle when it was not available as an option. Definitely worth the money!
    Interesting, I'll probably research more on the Hollandia 700 sunroof as it seems to be better than the stock sunroof Do you know if getting this done will void the manufacturer's warranty of the car or it should be cool to just go ahead with it?

I'll try to get a group of my friends to buy it at the same time so that we can have group discounts, of cos not that I need one install right now. Thanks for sharing your experience though

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Got a hollandia... Spoiler type, is that 700, i cant remember.

Anyway, make sure u ask them what size ok... I thought they were same sizes but i got jipped and mines very small.. not very happy but then i didnt know before i bought...

So now you know.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    dun get man
    not good when u come up with selling

if it looks like an oem fit i dont think it will interfere with resale value.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro Lux
    yes, the OEM euro sunroof is too small and quite basic really... my former hollandia sunroof was way better... single touch open/close, connected to the ignition so it would auto-closed, with option to leave open, etc. it was way more convenient and user friendly. i've asked honda to add these features onto the OEM sunroof, but apparently its too difficult to reprogram the computer (morons).

anyways, if u do get one, make sure u get them to link it with the 'windows auto up/down function' from the remote, that way when its hot and u wind all ur windows down with the remote, then the sunroof will open too!

re: warranty - shouldn't be an issue since the sunroof is available as an option anyways... but best to check with honda just to be sure.