Hondata
    Well mine is using H1 not use about other people

A 70W HID kit is 6200 lumens!

Account Disabled Array
    hope you guys get defected.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    The ukdm integras had HID'S that have a motor and switcj to adjust them. technically legal in aus.

No defects!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson11 View Post
    The ukdm integras had HID'S that have a motor and switcj to adjust them. technically legal in aus.

No defects!!!
    If he is using the same thing that came it OEM, sure.. May be legal.. But if he puts an aftermarket HID kit on it.. Than no, it's not legal.

It's got more of a chance being hypothetically legal rather than technically.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    i used a hb4 from my adm head lights and connected it to my jdm ones..
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Just dont buy from eBay and you'll be fine lol

Heres some other links:
    http://www.skreem.com.au/index.php?r...ter_name=Xenon <- has pickup for sydney

http://www.xenonoz.com/products.php

Just give a google.. look for a sydney seller so u dont have warranty issues. Anything from the net is annoying to claim warranty on if there local though.. just makes your life easier. HID's are great but some cars just dont seem to like them from what i see.. Honda CRX, tried several different ones on multiple crx's. THEY all had issues, flickers, startup issues, radio buzzing, one not turning on -.- (most common).
    BWAAHHHHHHH

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    I've been using hid's for like 5 years with no defects
    It's called a stealth hid install, and even when I have had the ballast in view, still no defects.
    I have never had a cop pop my bonnet or any mates ones for that matter

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    I've been using hid's for like 5 years with no defects
    It's called a stealth hid install, and even when I have had the ballast in view, still no defects.
    I have never had a cop pop my bonnet or any mates ones for that matter
    This. I never have any problems.

But OT, the xenon xtreme ones are fine I got mine done a couple weeks back, they're a massive improvement over the crappy ones I had in my car.
    Or even the Brillante one (http://maxvisionaus.blogspot.com.au/...look-like.html) are fine, I swear they're the same as the xenon xtreme ones just re-branded. And they're cheaper. ($55 instead of $70)
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    If he is using the same thing that came it OEM, sure.. May be legal.. But if he puts an aftermarket HID kit on it.. Than no, it's not legal.

It's got more of a chance being hypothetically legal rather than technically.
    Like i said they came OEM in UK - Therefore legal. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the main reason HID kits are illegal is because they cannot be adjusted?
    Of course if he puts aftermarket HID's in it's illegal!!

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson11 View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but the main reason HID kits are illegal is because they cannot be adjusted?
    Of course if he puts aftermarket HID's in it's illegal!!
    Another reason they are illegal is that the standard reflectors are not designed for the HID light pattern. As a result the lights spread everywhere, potentially blinding oncoming traffic. If you have good projector lenses the effects are not as bad as having "normal" lenses.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressCoffee View Post
    This. I never have any problems.

But OT, the xenon xtreme ones are fine I got mine done a couple weeks back, they're a massive improvement over the crappy ones I had in my car.
    Or even the Brillante one (http://maxvisionaus.blogspot.com.au/...look-like.html) are fine, I swear they're the same as the xenon xtreme ones just re-branded. And they're cheaper. ($55 instead of $70)
    I had a lot of faulty Xenon Xtreme kits come to me for a new set. Got a guy here last week with a wrx, he told me the guy replaced him once and then he started to blame on the car and refused to replace him under warranty.