Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord

Clutch Issue CD5 H22a

Hey guys, Just a quick question concerning my clutch.

If the master slave cylinder was leaking would it cause the clutch to not work properly and not engage all the way in. I did notice that the fluid had disappeared/leaked out the other week and did it again yesterday.

My car starts to shudder when coming to a complete stop with the clutch in and taking off it shudders every now and again quite badly plus it wont go into gear easy as it should do in 2nd 3rd 4th.

I have re-bled the clutch and adjusted the pedal play a little bit.

Anyway thanks for the help.
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Yes the clutch fluid loss is causing this. I had this happen a while back on my CD5 (F22B1 though) and eventually I just drove it without using the clutch at all until I was able to get it fixed. The clutch fluid is what enables it to open up when you push the pedal down. With less fluid than necessary there is not enough pressure to engage the clutch all the way - hence the difficulty in engaging gears and also the shuddering.

Definitely find out where it is leaking and get it fixed - likely a hose or clamp but could also be one of the cylinders.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Found the problem thanks Troy,

Master cylinder is leaking but gonna have to get over night parts from japan because the Gold Coast has no Clutch master cylinders anywhere. Hopefully it lasts a week or so.
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    All sorted thanks guys

CLOSE THREAD PLEASE
    CD5REPZ