Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM

central locking playing up really annoying...

harro
    when i press the dooot doooot (immobilizer - central locking) the door trys to lock but it doesnt quite lock... its in the drivers door because when i lock it by hand the passenger one ocks fine.. just wondering if there is something i can adjust?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Open up the door and clean all the metal rods, then lubricate. Make sure you lubricate well. Follow the rods and lubricate, concentrating on all the places where they touch. Also make sure the area where they meet the end of the door (not the hinge side but the other) is well lubricated. If the lock is really stiff, then lubricate while locking and unlocking the door a few times. You can use WD40 but I do recommend some good silicon spray.

Give this a go I'm sure you'll be happy with the results. While your at it you might want to do the passenger side just in case!
    Last edited by androo; 27-05-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

that happened to me not long ago too! the lock from the inside only travelled half way to locking. i ended up opening the door and sunscrewed the motor that pushes the lock and jst pulled it in and out. works from then on. btw: aligning the door back was the biggest bitch along with all that sticky shit...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    dont even remember making this thread. im such a noob... :P
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Wow so old. I don't even remember posting that. Did it work? lol