Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC2 leak passenger footwell.

Hi guys my cars been leaking for quite awhile, I've replaced the weatherstripping on the windshield cowl but it still leaks in the same spot. The water seems to drops from the blower motor around the screws. anyone have any ideas where its coming from? i'll try and get some pictures too. thanks.

Likely the drain pipe in the air on core is loose or broken off - usually this is routed from the blower box thru the firewall and outside. But if the hose is not there it will leak simply into the exact same spot you describe.

Pull up the passenger carpet and look up -

thanks mate i'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I would be leaning more towrds heater core is leaking. Have you noticed excessive coolant usage? If you have been running your cooling system on water only (no coolant mixed in) you will find that it will corrode your radiator and heater core quite quickly. I would carry out a cooling system pressure test and see if your carpet is getting wet
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    maybe the drains under the hood cowl is blocked, did you check them?
    OEM parts whore

nope i run it with premixed coolant and i haven't noticed any coolant leaking, radiators still topped up and still coolant in the overflow tank thing.

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    maybe the drains under the hood cowl is blocked, did you check them?
    yes i have, taken a bunch of dirt, leaves, those stringy leaves if they are leaves? from those trees with he string leaves from the drains.

might i add its rainwater not fluids from the car lol sorry

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Likely the drain pipe in the air on core is loose or broken off - usually this is routed from the blower box thru the firewall and outside. But if the hose is not there it will leak simply into the exact same spot you describe.

Pull up the passenger carpet and look up -
    Bennjamin i've sussed out the hose going through the firewall its there and theres no cracks or holes i can see on it, but i've think i found the probem the left seal of my winsheild looks like its coming off i can see the orange clips underneath could the rain water be running though there?

link to a photo i took:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...042012116.jpg/
    Last edited by Swaggasaurus; 21-04-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggasaurus View Post
    Bennjamin i've sussed out the hose going through the firewall its there and theres no cracks or holes i can see on it, but i've think i found the probem the left seal of my winsheild looks like its coming off i can see the orange clips underneath could the rain water be running though there?
    the seal is not what keeps the water out, your windsheild is siliconed on so no need to worry about the seal its only cosmetics. The other end of the orange clip leads to under the hood cowl i think.

U dont happen to have rust in the top corners of your windsheild do you?
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    the seal is not what keeps the water out, your windsheild is siliconed on so no need to worry about the seal its only cosmetics. The other end of the orange clip leads to under the hood cowl i think.

U dont happen to have rust in the top corners of your windsheild do you?
    not that i can see mate nope.

Account Disabled Array
    I would try to lift up the carper up to have a clear view.

get someone else to hose the area and you check underneath.

only sure way to know....