Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5

Integra, civic or prelude?

hey guys i have recently put my car up for sale and i have made up mind that i am going to sell it. but the only thing now is that im not sure what to get next? i love integras, preludes and civics. but since i owned an eg civic i am more into the coupes now. im not too sure what model they are but i think its like ej8 or em1. but i will definately get a vtir integra or preludes as im not too sure how the models go on the civic coupes. i got a few questions to ask here.

1. out of the three cars mentioned above, which one is the fastest? its a pretty stupid question cause i think the prelude is but a lot of people said that the b18 on the teg would beat it.

2. teg, prelude or civic coupe? which one is the best if anyone here has any experience owning them.

3. does the coupe come with b18 engine or just d16y8? and is the d16y8 powerful at all? can u hear the crossover?

thats all. thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    1) out of all models (assuming vti-r)

teg would be the cheapest, goes harder than the civic, just as hard if not harder than the lude.

2) EM1 (vti-r) comes with b16, otherwise its a d16 on base model.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    The Prelude is fast in a line, but it's more of a cruiser than anything I'd call 'sporty'. I wouldn't personally consider one. My mate isn't a fan of his.

I'd have a Civic hatch out of any of them, for weight savings, but as you want a sedan, I guess the Teg is the way to go.

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    jdmd15b> d16, b18, preludes

natsrs

i like integras more, louder cross over than the lude and ej8
    em1 has b16, not too bad also

Account Disabled Array
    flip a coin if you can't make up your mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    1) i assume the dc2 would be the quickest if the 3

2) i had a prelude before, the car was nice but there wasnt much mods for it compare to the tegs and civics. Just sumfin to consider if yur planning to mod it. The b18 definitely revs harder than the h22. Not sure about the b16 in the em1 tho. If it was me i would pick the em1... love them!

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    i've had my prelude for years now, 270km and still going strong it was one of my fav cars, its fast and not that I race =P but I have beaten plenty of integras in her time haha they are quick and have the luxury of having leather interior and climate control + cruise control, deff was my pick of the bunch when I was searching for cars ^__^ Also regarding corners and stuff, they are sweet, once I lowered her and put some good tyres on she went mad!

Plus the motors are really strong too, that na civic that does 11's has the h22a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    look at its headlights.

if its pupils have gone massive, you know its pinging
    >_<"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    i've had my prelude for years now, 270km and still going strong it was one of my fav cars, its fast and not that I race =P but I have beaten plenty of integras in her time haha they are quick and have the luxury of having leather interior and climate control + cruise control, deff was my pick of the bunch when I was searching for cars ^__^ Also regarding corners and stuff, they are sweet, once I lowered her and put some good tyres on she went mad!

Plus the motors are really strong too, that na civic that does 11's has the h22a motor in it!
    Well your talking about a civic with a h22a motor, 2.2l in a lil hatch back, power to weight ratio just went through the roof! Don't expect that sort of Peformance in a stock prelude
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    i had a prelude before, the car was nice but there wasnt much mods for it compare to the tegs and civics. Just sumfin to consider if yur planning to mod it!
    Disregard this ^
    You can buy anything you want for almost any Honda.
    As a whole, Honda has the best aftermarket support of any manufacturer (Nissan doesn't even come a 'close' second)
    Don't let modification options influence your decision, because you can buy ANYTHING you could ever want for any of those cars.

Integra's and Civic's might have 100 brands of 'X-Part' avaliable in all levels of quality.. But in reality you only want the best, and you'll find it for any Honda easily and at a similar price.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

none of them will flatter your ego more than a dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the most important question is... what are you after from your car?

From a prelude owner's perspective, it's too heavy to become 'race car' spec and isn't a wise choice to start with, unless you want to be unique about it (i.e. spend a bit more). IT does make a very good sporty cruiser sort of thing, the occasional hillrun/skidpan car. Most ozhonda members aren't able to grasp this concept, as most seem want fullysick kswap cars. ( don't get me wrongi have nothing against it)

The prelude is the fastest based on statistics alone (for vti-r models)
    Civic EM1: 118 kW/1114 = 105 kW/t
    Integra: 125 kw/1176=106 kW/t
    Prelude : 147/1305=112kw/t...
    I daresay it's a drivers race because the prelude's gears are too long

i think but there seems to be a fair bit more aftermarket support available here for it. Yes it's true that you can buy almost anythiing.. but at what cost? It's going to cost a lot if you need to keep getting things from the US

I'm not sure which is the loudest crossover but i think they're all pretty noticeable, and will become more noticable with some intake work
    Last edited by curtis265; 23-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    i think but there seems to be a fair bit more aftermarket support available here for it. Yes it's true that you can buy almost anythiing.. but at what cost? It's going to cost a lot if you need to keep getting things from the US
    I got ALL my parts from the USA, and even with shipping it's cheaper than buying an equivalent item in Australia (If you can even find it)
    Trust me, Parts won't cost any more for a Prelude/Accord than they do for a Civic/Integra.

Friend had a BB6 Lude, with IHE.. Was quite a quick car!
    Handled quite well with only a set of lowered Lovell's springs and some decent tyres.

But really, are you getting it so you can take it to the track?
    If not.. Just get whatever suits you, for looks and style.
    Ultimately you can many any car awesome with a few $'s.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".