Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    1. Completly stock for stock, would be a very close race but i think the integra would win, in my experience my modded b18c2 dc2 > modded jap h22a Bb4 (is lighter than the bb6)
    2. Facelift 98+ DC2 > EM1 > BB6 >PL 93+ DC2 > EJ8
    3. EM1 comes with a B16A, which really should have been a B18 imo, the EJ8 comes with the D16-Ybother

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Mate has a bb6 prelude his willing to sell if you got a good offer ( PM me )

Overall, IMO
    b18c2 vs'd a h22a with a catback a while back ago...i pulled at the launch but after he ended up pulling after. But that cause the h22a has more torque and power itself + mine was stock and he had a cat back exhaust.
    Preludes are very nice cruise cars but i wouldn't think about tracking one compared to a dc2/civic.

All awesome cars

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    Prelude for comfort and looks (Especially a BB4 one of the best looking hondas to date I reckon). Preludes still go hard, they are 100-200kg heavier but come with the 2.2 so you won't notice performance differences unless you're really tracking your car.

Parts for preludes and their engines are slightly more expensive then integra/civic parts as they arent as common, but there are still plenty of parts available.

In my opinion you should buy a Em1, ej8 or dc2/4 shell and swap in a H or K engine and have some real fun.
    You can diy if you know what you're doing, spend like 5-7k and have something that will shit in the faces of DC2R's

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Id go this:
    Prelude: For looks and Practicality
    Civic: For engine swap
    Integra: For less things needed to have fun
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    i would think that the civic would be the most practical but i can be wrong.
    just go get a dc2r lol
    end of story
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    nahh the prelude is.
    dat look
    dat space
    dat climate control
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I'd call them all roughly equal on practicality..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Ian,

please take these things into account with your choice of car.

1: use this thread for info but DON'T base your decision entirely on what people here suggest, as helpful as the info may be it will be YOUR car and ultimately must be chosen by you.

2: have a good think about what your goals are and what you want to get out of the car. luxury/performance/practicality. and consider these aspects of each one.

3: don't let the whole "loudest VTAK crossover" thing influence your decision, generally a smooth crossover will mean smoother/better power delivery.

4: don't sell your current EG8 as a rolling shell with no engine because no one will buy it and if they do you will get like $50 for it. drop the new motor in first, then sell it as a functioning vehicle for decent $$$.

regards,

Tim.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    i would think that the civic would be the most practical but i can be wrong.
    Only hatch back civics are practical, the coupe's are similar to integra's in terms of space/practicality.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Op... ive spent a decent amount of time in each of the cars your looking at buying..

1) Would be the dc2 vtir overall.. straightline would be prelude but of course its really dependant on driver and mods... as my ek4 with a b16a2 with I/H/E is quicker than my mates stock dc2 vtir

2)Purely dependant on what you value the most.. tbh b16a2 which is in the ek4/em1 lacks torque so for daily driving if i had to choose again id go dc2.. prelude is too fat from when ive driven them.. but yeah prelude is a good cruiser... ek4 /em1 lacks torque, but if you can live with it theres an upside.

3)The upside Em1 / ek4 b16a2 (same engine) crossover sounds mental... especially with I/H/E and the right exhaust.. screams and turns into a different beast from 5600 all the way to 8200...

Gl in choosing.. i had this dilemma a few months ago when i was looking to buy aswell.. ultimately it came between the dc2 and ek ..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I don't know where this supposed Prelude practicality is coming from, at least as far as 4th gen are concerned. I've always found the cabin, storage and rear seats to be far less roomy than the DC2. It's almost impossible to fit in the back of a Prelude, and it only seats four due to the intrusive central column. But we always need to sit with our feet on the rear seat next to us just to fit in, and we're only 6 foot. Plus, the boot is less practical than the DC2's folding seats and hatch, which will swallow a huge amount of shit. This is all despite the fact that it's a bigger vehicle externally.

If it were a RWD Silvia competitor, I would possibly be driving one, but it isn't. As a result, I've just never seen the point. Nice cruiser, yeah, but the Integra can do that with more practical packaging.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    5thgen prelude seats will fold down
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC