Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    5thgen prelude seats will fold down
    What's the interior space like? I've never actually sat in one. It's something that they fold down, but it's still tough to compete with the Integra's coupe/hatch setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    Prelude
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I don't know where this supposed Prelude practicality is coming from, at least as far as 4th gen are concerned. I've always found the cabin, storage and rear seats to be far less roomy than the DC2. It's almost impossible to fit in the back of a Prelude, and it only seats four due to the intrusive central column. But we always need to sit with our feet on the rear seat next to us just to fit in, and we're only 6 foot. Plus, the boot is less practical than the DC2's folding seats and hatch, which will swallow a huge amount of shit. This is all despite the fact that it's a bigger vehicle externally.

If it were a RWD Silvia competitor, I would possibly be driving one, but it isn't. As a result, I've just never seen the point. Nice cruiser, yeah, but the Integra can do that with more practical packaging.
    So if the prelude were RWD you would consider it ? The added weight of the RWD and drivetrain power loss would warrant the car a need for a turbo charger
    or increase in naturally aspirated performance power output, otherwise it would be a super nugget. If only honda werent so cheap and turbo friendly

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    I roll in my DC2 with a surf board, fishing rods, my bmx and my girlfriend's bmx in the back
    In terms of space..

Prelude has the least...( 5th gen )
    Civic has height wise, and integra length wise

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    thank u all for helping me. well i am still making my mind. because i was the first among my friends to own a honda and my mate decided to get an ek4 and then another mate of mine got a dc4. not long after that my other mate got a prelude vtir. and i have driven all of them and i completely agree that the prelude does feel heavy but it is more luxurious compared to the civics and tegs. i wont be taking my car to the track or anything like that anytime soon. but i might in the future. i found a em1 with a b18c2 in it and between that and the dc2 vtir, which would go faster? as now i am deciding between them 2. and also i have to say i love the sunroofs!!! i know it adds like a bit more weight but i just cant resist them!!

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Depends on the mods on each and the health of the engine themselves... Service history etc.. Weight wise should just be almost the same off the top of my head.. Dc2 will have way more boot space overall when the rear seats are folded but the em1 has a bigger boot compared to the hatches because its a bit longer...

If I were you I'd go for the one in better condition... But then again I see alot of dc 2 vtirs around nowadays and a em1 with b18c2 would = win and be very rare

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    I completely agree with you. By the way, how does the d16y8 go? Are they underpowered in the ej8s? Or do they go ok?

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    What's the interior space like? I've never actually sat in one. It's something that they fold down, but it's still tough to compete with the Integra's coupe/hatch setup.
    It's okay if you're in the front.. But it really does feel like a sporty Coupe.
    Has decent boot space.
    Rear seats are shit, so little room!
    It's comfy in the back, but you'd wanna be short lol
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    I completely agree with you. By the way, how does the d16y8 go? Are they underpowered in the ej8s? Or do they go ok?
    d16y8 ... i wouldnt bother... really. mate had one before he got his em1, told me its worlds apart engine wise.. sure with a few mods it would go alright.. but theres nothing like the sound of that dohc vtec

Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    It's okay if you're in the front.. But it really does feel like a sporty Coupe.
    Has decent boot space.
    Rear seats are shit, so little room!
    It's comfy in the back, but you'd wanna be short lol
    Funnily enough the prelude has the smallest rear seat between the ek and integra haha.. probably because of the low low roof line.. and for some reason the least legroom too.. :/

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Indie, the prelude's folding seats are OK, but i can't say i've ever needed them, i don't use my car for those purposes. It definitely can't compare to the fastback shape of the integra... that's pretty much a mini ute.

I would definitely say the prelude interior will shit all over the others though, here's mine

the Prelude struggles a bit with the low roof. and it has a small cabin (rear seats truly suck) because a lot of the car's length's being taken up by the lengthy bonnet lol, which somehow makes the car look bigger than it actually is (think s2k.. they're tiny!). Also note the wheelbase of these vehicles - the prelude's the longest but has a lot more 'overhang'
    civic: WB=2620mm, L=4450
    integra: WB=2570mm, L=4380
    prelude: WB=2585mm, L=4545

IF you can get an ATTS prelude it'll eat the others in the bends too
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    go rwd turbo.. you will never look back! nissan ftw

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    So if the prelude were RWD you would consider it ? The added weight of the RWD and drivetrain power loss would warrant the car a need for a turbo charger
    or increase in naturally aspirated performance power output, otherwise it would be a super nugget. If only honda werent so cheap and turbo friendly
    Yeah, if it were RWD and turbo, I'd see it as a somewhat viable alternative to a Silvia, and I'd definitely have one rather than an Integra.

I wonder how a V6 RWD Prelude would have worked out? Just something that was a more practical and less hard-edged alternative to an S2k.