Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 FD

"Misty Violet" FD

Hey guys, last June I bought a "Misty Violet" Civic VTI. I don't see too many purple ones, so I thought it was cool.

Now I'm pretty much sick of the colour, I really regret the fact that the next car I was going to look at was a black VTI-L and I didn't look at it because I was really happy with this purple one. I want to start modding it as soon as I can, and my dad doesn't want me to waste my money on a re-spray. But I would prefer my car to be black.

In a car park last year I smashed in my side skirt and a little bit of my door just in front of my left back wheel and I haven't had the money to repair it yet.

If you were me, would you get the car repaired and sell it then buy a black one, or would you repair it, keep the purple and mod it as is?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    ...seriously?
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Buy mine already modded
    StanceSlutz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 FD
    I know it may seem stupid but in reality I'm going to have this car until it's worth almost nothing so I want to be happy with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    This is the kind of question only you can answer. a respray is expensive. swapping cars is a better option

Can you really justify the cost of a respray?

What about a vinyl wrap?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 FD
    That's what I'm thinking, I mean about getting a new one. On carsales there are a few black ones with pretty much same low km's and even the next year model for a slightly lower price than I bought mine. I thought someone may change my mind about just leaving the car as it is.
    I don't really wanna run the risk of a dodgy paint job (my brother had a bad experience).
    Is a vinyl wrap reliable and completely permanent?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Vinyl wrap will last around 3-5yrs unless it's done badly.

I would just get yours repaired and stick with what you have.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. P.S. Black is a mofo to maintain too.

Why does everyone damage their Civic FD's in that same spot. Seriously, the most common damage on them is to the skirt/door towards in front of the rear wheel, it's crazy!

stance > fenders

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 FD
    Oh haha it's nice to know I'm not the only one. My mum has driven my car once or twice and said she was scared parking it because it was hard to guess the perimeter of the car. My dad agrees; he damaged the back of my car while parking it as well like last August.
    The purple is pretty dark, it mustn't be too different to maintaining a black one.
    I dunno. I'm mainly leaning toward replacing the car with a black one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Like was mentioned above, the choice is yours. All I know is with buying cars, I'm very conscious of the history of the car.

I mean you already know the car you have, and it's faults, do you want to trade it for a car where you would never really know what it's been through before it's come into your hands? Ie. servicing (people lie on logbooks), any accidents/repairs, thrashing, etc.

stance > fenders

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 FD
    I am too, my dad is really conscious too and knows how to get a good deal and really test the car out. My current car is second hand. My dad hasn't once failed in picking cars for basically my whole family so I'm confident that if I buy another one that it'll be 100% reliable - and I've got mechanics in the family who are always more than willing to take a look (:
    Thanks a heap for your advice so far, I appreciate it!

You've smashed it up so it's time to get it crushed into a small dark cube, it might not be black but it will be close enough.

Do the sensible thing as the damage sounds minor get it repaired it probably be around $500 for them to suck out the damage and respray that side, then enjoy your car.

I don't mean to sound condensing but if you can't afford to fix the damage, are you sure you can afford to start modding? (unless you're going for a TRDLZR look).
    “We can't stop here, this is bat country!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    very valid point.

it's like people who spend thousands on coilys and use linglongs
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC