EP3 Shifter Base Bushing Installation

Yeah.
    Hi!

Honda newbie here, starting off with a DIY installation for aluminium shifter base bushings.

Few facts before we start:
    • Factory bushings are rubber
    • Difference is extremely subtle (almost unnoticeable)

Time taken for me was 3 hours. But I'm not familiar with cars yet. I think I could easily get it done in an hour if I did it again.

There are DIY guides already, but I'd just like to add my experiences, collaborating to the knowledge base on the internet.
    Example: http://www.k-series.com/content.php?...r-EP3-Civic-SI

Found it better to upload my DIY to imgur. Better image quality, easy to add descriptions and looks nicer overall.

Here we go.
    http://imgur.com/a/e2FQj
    Last edited by mryangtastic; 03-10-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

How does it feel?

Solid.

It's okay. Difference is extremely minor. If a friend drove your car 2 days before, and then 2 days after, they wouldn't notice. As the main driver of the car, I do notice a slight feel and sound difference.

Stock was great. Aluminium bushings is very great, but not quite excellent.

I got the bushings for $40 shipped. In my opinion not really with it. Since the purchase, I've seen it on eBay for $20, free shipping. I'd buy it for that price, just to get your foot in to the world of modification.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hey Man

If you were looking a more stiffer shifting feel. Its the springs you need to upgrade.

Is there a DIY on springs? I'd love to look in to it.
    Using Tapatalk