Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

flashed when avoiding puddle :(

so on my way to work today, i got flashed by a red light camera while trying to avoid a puddle.. so this is what happened..

my lane was going straight, and the right lane was a turning lane.
    i was probably the second or third car in line waiting at the red light. it was a green arrow for the people turning right. the arrow turned red, and after a few seconds, i had a green light to go straight.
    as we moved forward the car infront of me went through what looked to be a pretty deep puddle splashing all over the place. as i approached, i saw that the puddle was covering more than half my lane.. i checked to make sure there were no cars on my right and proceeded around the puddle, when i realised i had been flashed.. im guessing i set the sensor off as half my car was in the turning lane.

what are my options here? i definately dont want to lose 3 demerit points and pay up to $300.

is this worth disputing? im hoping that the puddle will be visible in the photo taken, and also hoping that the angle of the car looks as though in going straight. i dont want them saying i decided to turn right afterwards.

do i have much of a chance here? i dont feel as though i should have to go through a puddle that deep, and risk damaging something on my car just because the councils drainage system sucks balls.

wat do you guys recommend?
    Last edited by cihanvtec; 25-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    What happens is, two photos are taken, one when you cross the line, and another as you are turning the corner.

What will happen with you, is the 2nd photo will show you going straight, so it won't get sent.

If it does, you can appeal it
    to see all of my build, checkout

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    oh really? wow thanks for that man, there were definately 2 flashes, i thought the second one was for the car behind me because they did a similar thing.

so theres a good chance i wont actually recieve it?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    Yeah I've done the same thing before, you will be fine.

But if you're paranoid you can frequently ring the automated Vic Roads Hotline below to check if any points have been recorded against your license;

13 11 71

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    haha thanks man!
    im pretty paranoid! i just got my licence back in december! ive been driving like a granny ever since i lost it. i would be devestated to accumulate points for something like this.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    What happens is, two photos are taken, one when you cross the line, and another as you are turning the corner.

What will happen with you, is the 2nd photo will show you going straight, so it won't get sent.

If it does, you can appeal it
    Right as always. This exact thing has happened to me (not puddle though, the guy on my left drifted to his right into my lane).

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    thanks for the input guys! was stressing out so bad! hopefully i dont revieve anything and dot have to bother with it!!!

Just something for you buddy.
    Seriously watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7oT...layer_embedded

And Read
    http://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov....+cameras+work/

Hope this helps you.

By the way, points don't register against your name till the fine is paid.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 25-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Just something for you buddy.
    Seriously watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7oT...layer_embedded

And Read
    http://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov....+cameras+work/

Hope this helps you.

By the way, points don't register against your name till the fine is paid.
    thanks for that mate. pretty interesting.

thats got me a little worried now though. technically i continued through the intersection, setting off the second sensor. so that being said, im guessing i will recieve a fine? i highly doubt that each photo is reviewed before it is sent out? theyre not
    going to care whether i went straight or completed a turn. in their minds, the second sensor was triggered, indicating i followed through!

arghhh jeezzzz!!!!! im gna have to deal with a whole lot of crap now, and most likely have to spend more money through the courts just to have my side heard!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    What I'd do if I were you, ring up VicRoads, they will be able to tell you who to call, it might even be them, tell them the situation and they will tell you how it will work.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    thanks for that mate. pretty interesting.

thats got me a little worried now though. technically i continued through the intersection, setting off the second sensor. so that being said, im guessing i will recieve a fine? i highly doubt that each photo is reviewed before it is sent out? theyre not
    going to care whether i went straight or completed a turn. in their minds, the second sensor was triggered, indicating i followed through!

arghhh jeezzzz!!!!! im gna have to deal with a whole lot of crap now, and most likely have to spend more money through the courts just to have my side heard!!!
    All cases are meant to be reviewed first hand BEFORE a notice is issued so this is why if you believe you have wrongly been issued a fine you then have the opportunity to fight it in court if you so please to.

Trism's suggestion is probably the best way to go BUT in the saying that they probably won't say much as VicRoads don't check the photos or have anything to do with speed cameras (All they do is do road maintenance, license testing, license information, demerit points etc) You need to speak to Civic Compliance (Traffic Camera Office) but they will tell you nothing as whatever they say might cause damaging evidence against the fine if you are issued it (if they do tell you stuff, right down the name of the operator and what ever else he may have told you)
    At the end of the day mate, your going to have be playing the waiting game, if nothing comes in 4-6 weeks, I'd say your alright.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    should be fine, once i was in the turning lane, but it didnt turn green, only the straight lane did, so i was cbf and went straight, got flashed by the camera but never got anything in the mail. its been like more than half a year now. hope that helps ish =S