Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2004

Odyssey 2004 3rd Gen Tranny question

Can someone here please confirm if the tranny of my Odyssey 2004 3rd Gen is the same of the accord euro? I believe it is but I just wanted to confirm...

The reason I ask is because I want to see if I can use this thread for reference
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-transmission-

Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2004
    Sorry but I end up forgetting to ask about a vibration problem that I get at low rpm. It seems to come from the tranny I read somewhere else that it's a known problem with the odys.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Can someone here please confirm if the tranny of my Odyssey 2004 3rd Gen is the same of the accord euro? I believe it is but I just wanted to confirm...

The reason I ask is because I want to see if I can use this thread for reference
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-transmission-

Thanks in advance
    Regular Accord and Odyssey's 5 speed auto tranny both have the "BYBA" 5 speed transmission, they are all under honda's "H5" series of transmissions, the Euro's tranny might be slightly different (in terms of ratios) but the design is identical.

Sorry but I end up forgetting to ask about a vibration problem that I get at low rpm. It seems to come from the tranny I read somewhere else that it's a known problem with the odys.
    When was the last time your tranny fluid got flushed?
    Last edited by Fredoops; 26-04-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2004
    Thanks Fredoops According to the log books it has never been flushed, I just bought the car and it is due to the 120km service.

I'll take your recommendation and use Amsoil. l am thinking of doing a complete flush. I was planning to take to a specialized shop so they can scan my car for any errors too...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Thanks Fredoops According to the log books it has never been flushed, I just bought the car and it is due to the 120km service.

I'll take your recommendation and use Amsoil. l am thinking of doing a complete flush. I was planning to take to a specialized shop so they can scan my car for any errors too...
    Tranny fluid should be changed every 60k according to logbook.... in reality it should be more like 20k.

Anyshop can scan error's, it's just an OBD scanner plug and play
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2004
    Thanks for the heads up Freedoops

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2004
    Just in case this can help others in this forum, the vibration problem that I was getting has completely disappeared by replacing the fluid.

I replaced the old fluid (from the pan) twice in an interval of few days and now I should have about 75% of good Amsoil tranny fluid in there.

As I bought a heap load of it from performancelub I will replace the fluid again in 20K.

Thanks for the feedback! Amsoil will be my choice over honda atf

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I have 12 bottles of redline d4 on its way to me.

Will let y'all know how that goes.