Options for replacing TPS/throttle body.

I recently had a problem with my 2004 euro where it lost power. Restarting seemed to fix the problem. I took it to a dealer and was told the TPS was faulty and that the entire throttle body had to be replaced because the TPS cannot be replaced on its own. Total cost for the work was quoted at $1800. $1500 for the throttle body. $300 for labor.
    This sounded very expensive to me, so I was hoping there were other cheaper options than going with the Honda dealer.
    Is it true that the sensor cannot be replaced independently?
    What options are there for non-Honda throttle bodies?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpoka View Post
    I recently had a problem with my 2004 euro where it lost power. Restarting seemed to fix the problem. I took it to a dealer and was told the TPS was faulty and that the entire throttle body had to be replaced because the TPS cannot be replaced on its own. Total cost for the work was quoted at $1800. $1500 for the throttle body. $300 for labor.
    This sounded very expensive to me, so I was hoping there were other cheaper options than going with the Honda dealer.
    Is it true that the sensor cannot be replaced independently?
    What options are there for non-Honda throttle bodies?

Thanks.
    well the euro is dbw, not a cable. So you are kind of stuck.

What you can do is look on US websites andUS wreckers and see if you could find one tere
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars