Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK

Engineering certifs & Blueslips

This has probably been discussed many times, I'm gona call the rta in the norman but until then..

Found a civic eg vtir with a b18cr in it and was so close to buying it then when I asked the owner of the engine is registered to the car he said no. He 'lost' his receipts.

As much I liked the car, I probably have to let it pass because of the hassles unless it's actually easier than I think to get it registered?

What's required to change he engine number of the vehicle? I know it's something to do with a 202cc gain and 50% power gain..
    My Vtec used to go BWAAAAAAHHHH! Then I bought a supra...

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Maximum of 15% increase for engine capacity. (B18c=1797cc)

You mean eg vti? If yes then only thing you need is proof of purchase for engine, then blueslip and off to rta.

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Sorry yea vti. Oh I get it ! I thought 15% was power-wise. Thanks!
    So basically if the guy has the receipt for the engine (proof that it's not stolen?) I'm sweet? Or is the blueslip a pain?
    Also, with the receipt and blueslip can the rta reject it?

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Eg with b18cr is legal here in nsw. In your situation all you have to do is call up and get a rev check on the car. Quote the b18cr engine number with the eg chassis number. They will tell you the engine number does not match, you then ask them if i buy the car will i be able to register it with the engine..is it recorded as stolen? They will tell you if its ok. You then take the car to a blue slip mechanic and ask for a adjustment of records as you fitted a new engine, the mechanic will provide you with a paper you bring to the rta. You need to bring the paper to the rta with a receipt for the new engine. You can easily make a fake receipt. You then bring the paper from mechanic plus the fake receipt to rta and they will adjust there records to your new engine number.
    Last edited by gen2 CRX; 04-05-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    Eg with b18cr is legal here in nsw. In your situation all you have to do is call up and get a rev check on the car. Quote the b18cr engine number with the eg chassis number. They will tell you the engine number does not match, you then ask them if i buy the car will i be able to register it with the engine..is it recorded as stolen? They will tell you if its ok. You then take the car to a blue slip mechanic and ask for a adjustment of records as you fitted a new engine, the mechanic will provide you with a paper you bring to the rta. You need to bring the paper to the rta with a receipt for the new engine. You can easily make a fake receipt. You then bring the paper from mechanic plus the fake receipt to rta and they will adjust there records to your new engine number.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks heaps!

Account Disabled Array
    I had high hopes for your prelude.

Should have known as soon as you went for ridiculous xenon lights & blue parkers.,

good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Was the cleanest prelude. Engines gone to a better owner now...
    Gona get HID's in my next car just cos you hate it yo. Aha kidding. But the parkers were a real screw up I'l admit that..

Dont think im getting the civic b18 because the guy seems dodgey! Getting a 2JZ instead hopefully

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by YLD-H22 View Post
    Was the cleanest prelude. Engines gone to a better owner now...
    Gona get HID's in my next car just cos you hate it yo. Aha kidding. But the parkers were a real screw up I'l admit that..

Dont think im getting the civic b18 because the guy seems dodgey! Getting a 2JZ instead hopefully
    aww yeahh....

fkn wynnyng with that 2jz.....

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Getting a 2JZ instead hopefully
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    2jz purchased cheering, never thought I would afford one..!

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    2jz purchased cheering, never thought I would afford one..!
    Wat car is it goin in?
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Sorry by 2j I mean a whole supra.

Got sideswiped on day 1 after parking it near a driveway... Bastard didn't give me his details or anything !!!