CIVIC EK HATCH Rear shock towers

Hi guys!

I did a search on this with no luck.. anyone know how i can access the rear shock towers to unscrew the shocks from chassis? It's really awkward and difficult to reach down there through the speaker holes..

Also.. any idea if the ek shocks are interchangeable with EG/ITR shocks? at the moment i'm using ek ones on my left and eg ones on my right because the rusted threading on my right ek shocks decided to give up.. i'm wondering if all 4 EG/ITR shocks will fit.

Any help is appreciated =]
    Thanks!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    You may have to pull the whole plastic shroud off to get to it. From memory the front shocks will fit from an EG but the rear won't but can't remember 100%

You can reach the shock bolts from the speaker holes using long extensions on a ratchet (assuming you're not using spanners to do the job) but as above, the other way to do it is to take the rear plastic trims out - which is a bit of a hassle imo.

Eg shocks will fit on EK, but you will need some spacers to fill the gap on the lower control arm side of the shock (youll see what i mean when you get up to it). This is because the bush on the EG LCA is a bit more wider than the ek one. You can't fit ITR shocks on ek, you'll need itr/eg6 rear LCA, which doesnt fit on ek chassis.

hope this helps
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    yeahp the above info is right , you will need a long socket extension to reach down the speak hole( remove your speakers)

eg front shocks will fit the rear is when you say ITR ? you will need maybe funtion 7 LCA to run them or other LCA that take those shocks

Thanks for the help guys =] managed to do it with the socket extension!