Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    I can ask how much the wreckers i know will sell me a concerto alternator, If your happy with the price i can pick it up for you.
    If you can get me a price that would be good. Hopefully it'll be cheaper than the price I got from the only wreckers yard in tas with one....

friken $275 as is :O

(I can get a new one for around the $300 mark.... So no way would I pay that much for a second hand as is)
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerto_Polson View Post
    I used some wire, and clip things to make an adapter from Concerto to Civic.

I know it was working, because without a connection between all the plugs of the plugs (if that makes sense), the car won't start.
    you said previously the concerto harness plug has 3 wires but 4 pins. I had a look at the ED plug and it only has 2 wires but 3 pins. so maybe whatever the 3rd wire you are attaching shouldn't be attached if you are trying the complete civic alternator. Have you looked at the concerto FSM?

sorry about all this, if I was aware they weren't interchangeable I wouldn't have sold it to you....

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    you said previously the concerto harness plug has 3 wires but 4 pins. I had a look at the ED plug and it only has 2 wires but 3 pins. so maybe whatever the 3rd wire you are attaching shouldn't be attached if you are trying the complete civic alternator. Have you looked at the concerto FSM?

sorry about all this, if I was aware they weren't interchangeable I wouldn't have sold it to you....
    I need all three wires to be attached... one bottom wire is for ignition, the other is for lamp (battery light). The top wire is for "FR" which I can only guess at meaning Fuel Relay or something to do with the fuel injection...

Is FSM factory service manual?

It's all good mate, turns out I needed a new stator/slip rings anyway.
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Just connect the fr and ign wires together and that should sort your issue out

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by RIHIA View Post
    Just connect the fr and ign wires together and that should sort your issue out
    I gave that a try and it didn't work.

All sorted now, I managed to find and get a working Concerto alternator for $50. Thanks for all the suggestions though.
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread