Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S

Opinions on SSR Type-C Bronze or Gun Metal on DC5S in vivid blue pearl

Hi all i'm new here and soon to be an owner of a 2005 DC5 Type S in Vivid Blue Pearl

I have done some searching and came across the SSR Type-C wheels in 17x8 5x114 offset +36 I like the look of these but keep changing my mind over the colour between the Gun Metal and Bronze.

The tyres will be 17/45/225 front and rear. Was looking at Yokohama Advan Sport v103.

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/typec_171819.asp

Correct me if i'm wrong but this size fitment should be ok without rolling the guards...

I was thinking of fitting the Tein Street Advance coilovers to this car. They are apparently the new replacement for the old Tein SS models. Some constructive opinions and advice would be great

http://www.tein.com/products/street_advance.html

Cheers
    Last edited by DanR; 11-05-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Out of the two I would personally go the gunmetal but that's totally up to you. How low are you going to go? And what sort of spring rates are you looking at?

It's best to test fit the wheels after the suspension has gone in and then decide whether to roll the guards or not. You would only need to roll the rear in any case, but I don't think you would need to depending on your height and providing you have enough camber. I run a x9 +25 and needed to get mine rolled but I have no personal experience with a x8 wheel to give you an solid yes/no but I doubt you would. If you need them rolled and live in melb (cant tell as I'm on my phone) Gavin from low down guard rolling is excellent as he has a lot of experience with DC5's and Euro's and uses a purpose built tool to roll the guards properly without damaging them. PM me if you want his details...

Cheers

Oz

Edit: also where are you getting your tyres from and how much are they charging you?
    Last edited by Oz_Striker; 15-05-2012 at 11:33 PM.

roll them anyway, its cheap, and opens up more options for future fitment.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Dont waste the snall amount of money rolling the rears for 8j+36. It'll fit easily with thecamber you get from lowering it

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Dont waste the snall amount of money rolling the rears for 8j+36. It'll fit easily with thecamber you get from lowering it
    There you go.

ahh well there you go, never had a dc5 wouldnt know the stock camber adjustment

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Thanks for the advice guys. Will be taking delivery of the car tomorrow

Oz-striker - I'm not sure how low I will take it. Probably sensible enough level for daily driving but I will experiment. The Tein Street Advance has quoted spring rates of 6 and 9kgf/mm front/rear. I'm no expert in this field at all, but i'm guessing that is rather soft compared to some other kits. I may track it at some stage, but nothing too serious as I need to be able to use this car daily.

17000 fro a 2005 model with 91k on the clock. It is dead stock which is what i wanted. Would rather do something properly the first time then have to deal with someones mistakes.

Just ordered a Gruppem intake, and i'm leaning towards the Bronze coloured SSR Type-C...

Does anyone know how easy it is to DIY fit the intake?

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Intake will take a couple of hours for a beginner.

Takes me less than an hour cause Ive done it a few times.

Just make sure you read the instructions very very carefully before installing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Cheers Tai

I've read in the past about possibly needing some kind of double foam tape to prevent vibration sounds caused by the intake pipe rubbing. Any quirks in installation from memory?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Integra Type
    with the gruppe m definately put double side foam in mate.. sometimes they dont sit flush against the window.

If u havent changed your engine mounts the intake can hit against wall and on the crazy odd occasion hit your strut bar.
    My DC5 type S mods - so far...
    Red H badges/J's Racing Strut&Engine Damper/Gruppe M/Buddy Club RSD/J's Rear Strut/J's Camber Arms/JDM rear Floor bar/EP3r Front Sway

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by mrntegra View Post
    with the gruppe m definately put double side foam in mate.. sometimes they dont sit flush against the window.

If u havent changed your engine mounts the intake can hit against wall and on the crazy odd occasion hit your strut bar.
    Thanks mate. Just picked up the car tonight. Very happy with it so far. Will use the foam for sure then. I'll fix it to surfaces that may come in contact with the intake without spoiling the carbon goodness