Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser

EJ1/EG coupe headlight conversion for EM1

Interested in making a purchase for a civic soon. Currently own a 1999 Nissan Stagea (rare factory manual) which is up for sale at the moment.

Like the look of the EJ1 coupe quite a lot and was wondering if a EJ1/EG coupe headlight conversion was possible on the EM1's without any structural modification/body modification as far I know these are only available for personal import and not on the SEVS list.

Was thinking to myself both these different models should be based primarily on the same chassis shape and as long as the supporting parts i.e bumper, reo, bonnet, headlights ect ect were purchased it should be a direct bolt on.

Could someone please shed some more light on this topic and correct me if I'am wrong.

Best regards Chris.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    worlds apart the two cars hahaha, different chassis, different body panels and dimensions

Ive only ever come across Ek front end on eg, but never other way around but anythings possible with money, and bit of fabrication

Someone here has done the ek face on eg conversion, maybe they can shed more light on it, and thus u do the same for eg front end onto ek,

If ek front end fits onto eg, i dont see why it wouldnt work vice versa
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    would require lots of work.

not straight fit as mentioned above.

would look sick.

i dont even know anymore..

I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Thanks guys. Will wait for some more responses...

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Why would you convert the front end of an em1?? They so beautiful

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Ej1 = Original Civic coupe, since we cant get em, make one hahahaha
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Ej1 = Original Civic coupe, since we cant get em, make one hahahaha
    That's right. The EJ1 had such a unique look the EM1 front end just doesn't cut it/seem JDM enough for me. I bought the RS four S Stagea to be somewhat different and unique now I'm looking at starting another project soon the Stagea are just such an easy car to modify and extract power from.

I like myself a bit of a challenge in life, Things that come easy to me I tend to get sick of very easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Define: JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedVtec View Post
    revelations

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ1 View Post
    That's right. The EJ1 had such a unique look the EM1 front end just doesn't cut it/seem JDM enough for me. I bought the RS four S Stagea to be somewhat different and unique now I'm looking at starting another project soon the Stagea are just such an easy car to modify and extract power from.

I like myself a bit of a challenge in life, Things that come easy to me I tend to get sick of very easy.
    i do believe theres is maybe 1 or 2 jdm import EJ1 floating around, Brisbane or Sydney, not sure, but there is definite one out there haha

But it would be a challenge, maybe cutting and extending panels to fit an re shaping the rad support bar to fit the headlights an all, should b an interesting build if it ever gets the green light
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    Japanese domestic Market??? LOL

speaking of that, all coupes are indeed built in the USA, and intended for US market only so it doesnt make sense to really call it jdm hahaha, but i guess japan honda didnt wanna miss out on the crazed 90's 2 door sports car era that nissan, toyota dominated so much, so they wanted a piece of USA honda coupe civic to make up the coupe segment with the likes of the EJ1, which made way for EJ8 than Em1 which we got in RHD, the born of the SI model

Its a shame that the EM1 was the last RHD civic coupe we got here and in japan
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC