Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a

so your telling me you dont have many of ej1 coupes here? jeez, makes me wish i was bak in nz, ive picked up two over there for a grand each, then picked up two eg6's for the b16a conversions (both 1 grand)

on a side note, look up dc2 front on a eg, theres threads on honda-tech,

youd need top and bottem radi supports, guards headlights etc bonnet rah rah usual bits

but the tricky part is you have to use the ek guard and cut it in the middle and join it to the front half of the eg guard (so it matches around the indicators, if you grab a spare guard or 3, waz your old one off and have a practise and joining them (before you buy all the bits) that way you can see if you really want to go down that line, and i'd hope you can weld yourself as otherwise it will be very expensive for a shop to do trial and error fitting parts
    1975 EB1 Civc 2 speed hondamatic
    WTB; chrome roof rack to suite^^

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Japanese domestic Market??? LOL
    this was JK

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    By saying JDM meaning the front end (headlights) having more of a authentic JDM look to me a far more aggressive look in my eyes. Correct the EJ1 was built in USA but it was a Japanese design, Correct me if I'am wrong.... EJ1 was a JDM design hence the EM1 and various other models.

Welding is no issue here have been brought up around the areas of metal fabrication so therefore the conversion is only a matter of trial and error as usual. With well placed measurements and a sharp eye the conversion should go smoothly. Sourcing the parts would be the only difficult part of the conversion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    EG front Stagea.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Does anyone have a paper bag please I think I'm feeling sick...

Stag front on EG anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a
    ^^ eww, finding pasrts would be easy any eg hatch front
    1975 EB1 Civc 2 speed hondamatic
    WTB; chrome roof rack to suite^^

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Stagea front on rear of eg

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Quote Originally Posted by croolies View Post
    ^^ eww, finding pasrts would be easy any eg hatch front
    Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    Stagea front on rear of eg
    hahaha.. Yeah I was reading something about the sedan eg's headlights being longer in length or something but the eg hatch's parts match the eg coupe.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    All EG headlights are the same EJ1. Corner lamps, bonnet,front bar and guards are different.
    If you want a hatch bar you'll need to use hatch corner lamps and hatch guards for your cut. Want a sedan front bar then vice versa, obviously Have a hatch front on my sedan
    Good luck with whatever path you choose. I'd be happy as larry with an EM1 to be honest even though I love EG's. Coupes are all over The Netherlands. Kills me when I visit there haha

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Thanks pal, Great to hear you guys on the Honda forums are supportive and very easy to get along with. Might be a bit of a change from a turbocharged inline 6 but cant wait until I join the world of Honda's and start my project.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    I saw a red mx coupe in perth, 20-something girl driving it, bone stock.. i was trying to wait for the driver to return to the car to ask to buy but i missed her and only got a phone photo as it drove off.

I can understand your though process on this one, can be done with a big mallet and a bucket of washers lol. U need an eg hatch front radiator support and bumper support plus hood, fenders etc. Get an empty frontcut and be prepared to get messy on the ej8 chassis lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    By bumper support you mean reinforcement bar correct?