Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a
    Said pieces, are the horizontal welded pieces, the bumper has 5 bolts that go onto this piece, easiest fore to explain, if you need a photo I can provide
    1975 EB1 Civc 2 speed hondamatic
    WTB; chrome roof rack to suite^^

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Yes thanks that would be fantastic if it's not of too much trouble to ask.

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a

yea ok the pictures from a b16 sol, but that doesnt matter two circled pieces, i havent really played with a EK front end, but i beleave they have a metal bracket(with polystyrene foam) for bumper support) EG chassis doesnt have this, and dont put a sedan EG front on, Hatch fronts are so much nicer

also the top section actually goes right to the guards aswell, for got to highlight them

and for a poster up the chain, EG headlights are differeant between Hatch and sedan also (not by much)

random fact, that delsol was towed 200km by a caravan whilst in 1st gear, would have been forced to do like 1500rpm

still good for pedal box and manual conversion parts for ($20) **** i love NZ
    Last edited by croolies; 24-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Sorry EJ1. Just had to ask..

Croolies, How are the headlights different. Cosmetic or structurally?
    Interested to know for future reference. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a
    pgb, i was under the the thought that where the indicatiors slide onto the headlight bracket that that was differant, but from what ive just been told, im wrong! haha, mine could have been bent, ahwell

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Quote Originally Posted by PGB View Post
    Sorry EJ1. Just had to ask..

Croolies, How are the headlights different. Cosmetic or structurally?
    Interested to know for future reference. Thanks
    The corner lights are different from the hatch and sedan.

ie. Amber corners from an EG hatch will not fit on the sedan variant

pretty sure, the headlight might be a tad longer iirc.

dont quote me on this though.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Yeah the corner lamp issue is pretty well documented. I've done a hatch conversion myself with the headlights that were on the car. Curious to know if when buying another set of headlights is it going to throw out my fitment.
    Sorry again Ej1 but I guess this info will be useful to you I guess

Edit: Sorry Croolies, Didnt see your reply there dude. Anyone want to measure the width of thier hatch headlights for knowledge sake? lol
    Last edited by PGB; 24-05-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Alright

just did a bit of a search

all eg/eh headlights are the same, only problems are the corners.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Quote Originally Posted by croolies View Post

yea ok the pictures from a b16 sol, but that doesnt matter two circled pieces, i havent really played with a EK front end, but i beleave they have a metal bracket(with polystyrene foam) for bumper support) EG chassis doesnt have this, and dont put a sedan EG front on, Hatch fronts are so much nicer

also the top section actually goes right to the guards aswell, for got to highlight them

and for a poster up the chain, EG headlights are differeant between Hatch and sedan also (not by much)

random fact, that delsol was towed 200km by a caravan whilst in 1st gear, would have been forced to do like 1500rpm

still good for pedal box and manual conversion parts for ($20) **** i love NZ
    It could then come back to guard issues couldn't it not necessarily the corner indicators?

Thanks for the picture croolies I was assuming that's what you meant by the radiator support... top and bottom. All this information is great and I'm learning more as the days progress.

Managed to find a EJ8 with the D16 which the owner is willing to swap as well as a cash adjustment my way. Will probably do the B16A2 conversion as soon as I receive the car with the cash adjustment I'll be receiving, I'm assuming loom, engine and gearbox will be some of the parts required correct? Could anyone steer me in the right direction with this conversion and possibly providing some information and a link to a thread which this conversion has been performed on.

Best regards and thanks for everyone's input and help.
    Last edited by EJ1; 24-05-2012 at 09:11 PM.

I know this is a late reply.

But the EJ1 is essentially a Japanese designed car. the rear is almost identical to the eg8/eg9 except for the boot, and the front end is the same as a eg6.
    The em1 however only shares the front end to the EK1/EK5

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 Civic H2B
    EJ1's are rarer than seeing a monkey have sex with a frog, Iv seen it once! EG8 CIVIC may be able to help you out when it comes to talking bout EJ1's, he owns one...
    *BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! KABOOOOMMMM!!!!!*

seeing as my previous signature came true, here is my new signature:

BAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!! Holy SH*T! my engine is still running 110% awesome!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Thanks for the responses guys appreciate it a lot!