Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ6

1996 Civic VTI coupe WINDOW PROBLEM

Driver window (electronic) somehow gone out of place and is no longer within the rubber grooves. Won't fully close, only reaches 3/4 of the way.
    Took our door panel to see what might be the problem. Disconnected all cables and tried muscling the window back into the grooves, but too difficult. Also tried slowly scrolling the window up and down and muscling it at the same time, but won't budge.
    It's hard to do, since the window is in between the metal walls of the door, not exposed after removal of the panel.
    Help?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    common problem, the window has fallen out of its rails, simple fix, jus take off door card, an loosen the bottom window rails so u can move the window back into the rails, an spray little bit of silicon onto it to lubricate the rails

happened to me twice
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ6
    Thanks mugen_ctr! I'll give that a go!

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    common problem, the window has fallen out of its rails, simple fix, jus take off door card, an loosen the bottom window rails so u can move the window back into the rails, an spray little bit of silicon onto it to lubricate the rails

happened to me twice
    Yeah it's a common problem, happened to a mates windows, both sides as his car was inactive for a few years so the rubbers must've dried up. I got it in place and sprayed wd-40, works smooth and fine but it popped out again, and ever since we haven't bothered. Would silicon spray be better?
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    silicone spray is easy fix.(temp only)
    if it still pops out then its due to wear. prob the gearing and motor or the rubber wheels on rail is worn.
    just get another motor and rail.
    Last edited by mytfoz; 22-05-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Yeah it's a common problem, happened to a mates windows, both sides as his car was inactive for a few years so the rubbers must've dried up. I got it in place and sprayed wd-40, works smooth and fine but it popped out again, and ever since we haven't bothered. Would silicon spray be better?
    well i tried wd-40 first time an took about a yr for the window to pop out again, tried silcon spray this time around so far so good, kinda wished honda would fix the problem themselves
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    well i tried wd-40 first time an took about a yr for the window to pop out again, tried silcon spray this time around so far so good, kinda wished honda would fix the problem themselves
    will give that a try, was planning to buy rubbers from wreckers or so..but wasnt sure if is worth it
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    most likely its them plastic/rubber wheels on the rail.
    they wear out over time.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank

happened to me twice
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    oh my fk lol
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    i hope that fixes ur window prob for now.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-