Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE

The Kswap Thread

Don't think we have a dedicated Kswap thread yet... a place for everyone to share their knowledge/experience/thoughts.

Plenty of info on the swap etc on K20a.org etc, but would be great to see more local stuff

Go for it
    part time potato

B > k

end thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    140kw with oem parts is pretty nice in lightweight chassis.
    i just hope price in parts would go down

just to contribute:
    Swapping Cams - Timing chain - K24
    on the k24 you line up the dots on the cam gears between the two colored marks on the chain
    on the k20 you line up the dots on the cam gears right on the colored marks on the chain

k20 chain has a total of 3 marks
    k24 chain has a total of 5 marks

DO NOT LINE THE TIMING CHAIN DOTS ON ONE LINK...line the dots in between LINKS...this is for the k24 block only

1. Set the crankshaft to top dead center (TDC). Align the TDC mark (A) on the crankshaft sprocket with the pointer (B) on the engine block.

2. Set the camshafts to TDC. The punch mark (A) on the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator and the punch mark (B) on the exhaust camshaft sprocket should be at the top. Align the TDC marks (C) on the VTC actuator and exhaust camshaft sprocket.

3. Install the cam chain on the crankshaft sprocket with the colored piece (A) aligned with the punch mark (B) on the crankshaft sprocket.

4. Install the cam chain on the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket with the punch marks (A) aligned with the center of the two colored pieces (B).
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Agreed ^

Such an expensive swap still
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    agreed such and expensive swap with 8-15k give or take for a k swap
    8-15k for a b series will get you wrapped around a pole,

though i could imagine the torque and realiabilty,
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    do most of the k swappers out there go for, hybrid racing parts, ktuned ? etc

what is the best value for money ?
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    do most of the k swappers out there go for, hybrid racing parts, ktuned ? etc

what is the best value for money ?
    While i've been collecting parts for my swap, I've found I've been liking the Hybrid Racing products quiet a lot. HR tend to do alot of the hard work regarding R&D on new Kswap specific parts ie: shifter box/cables etc, whereas Ktuned always seem to be that one step behind, often releasing their own version of a HR designed product.

Price wise, fairrrrly similar I guess, from what i've experienced. You've pretty much got the choice of using OEM parts cheaply, or fork out for the nice equivalent parts from HR/Ktuned.

Both are awesome quality though, I think Hybrid Racing.com and Ktuned.com are my two favourite sites these days lol...
    part time potato

Using a mix of hybrid racing and Oem mostly. Towards the 15k on a k24 swap gets u some nice goodies with it.

U can do the swap cheap or pay the bit extra for a much better set up. Not a fan of 5sp or euro 6sp swaps.

I thought about building the b but the k is a better platform, better Oem power and torque with much much more potential plus newer and reliability
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon View Post
    Using a mix of hybrid racing and Oem mostly. Towards the 15k on a k24 swap gets u some nice goodies with it.

U can do the swap cheap or pay the bit extra for a much better set up. Not a fan of 5sp or euro 6sp swaps.

I thought about building the b but the k is a better platform, better Oem power and torque with much much more potential plus newer and reliability
    Yup, that's pretty much sums up why I chose to Kswap exactly.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    15k with the nice goodies.. does that include labour to install the donk, wiring etc in?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    does anybody have diagram, video of how the vtc 50 degree works? interested to know,

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    does anybody have diagram, video of how the vtc 50 degree works? interested to know,
    http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html
    not video

but explains 50 degree vtc somewhat

hope it helps
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..