Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    CRX is actually the D16A6 I believe. An earlier version of the D16A8 with a slightly different ECU.
    nope, mines a d16a8 and so are 4 of my mates crx's. even trav can vouch for me on this

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    CRX is actually the D16A6 I believe. An earlier version of the D16A8 with a slightly different ECU.
    D16a6 = American crx.

Single cam non vtec.

EG civics came in 1995 i believe in Japan , as a special edition with a DOHC ZC. Also came with optional LSD etc...

anyway....guys keep the replies on topic. We are after places for aftermarket parts !!! Remember , from the head down pretty much all dseries arets are interchangeable !

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Aiya......ok guys
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    can i just say that when looking for CAMS you will be faced with a decission to go for regrinds or new CAMS. Alot of people go for regrinds, which are cheaper but not necessarily the better option. CAMS are heated up during a regrind and can warp which means the after CAM is not good quality and can have negative effects on the engine. I recommend getting CAMS which are made from a fresh CAM. so you are getting a fresg grind - no warping - no damaging after effects.

I do know someone here in Perth who can do any profile grinds off fresh cams - but will need to find out the details and costs and if hes willing to do more than 1 of.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Here are some links:

For Wiseco pistons, Eagle Rods and Cometic gaskets:
    www.theoldone.com
    http://theoldone.com/components/pistons/

For Eagle rods, cometic gaskets, valve springs, valves and just about everything else locally try:
    http://www.austrackmotorsport.com.au/
    http://www.qri.biz/
    www.rocketindustries.com.au/

For JUN cam gears locally:
    www.croydonautosports.com.au

For cams locally:
    http://tighecams.com.au/

For TODA flywheels:
    www.todaracing.com.au

For EXEDY clutches:
    www.exedy.com.au/

For HKS cams and cam gears if they are still produced:
    www.hks.com.au

For ECU alteration:
    www.turboedit.org
    www.pgmfi.org
    www.ecucontrol.com

My favourite:
    www.google.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    These are the two different ZC flywheels from TODA. How do I know which one is for my engine(D16A8)?

AT AS EF3/7
    ZC 100 110 - - 22100-ZC0-000

-

EF3/7
    ZC 120 130 - - 22100-ZC0-001

Ok just for anyone that wanted to know who is also interested in these clutches and flywheels. I just did a search in the traders section, this could be different now but:

Exedy Clutch Kit - $311
    TODA Flywheel - $650

Thanks alot for the help, and all the sites, you guys have been very helpful.
    Last edited by chaosmaker; 10-03-2005 at 12:42 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Custom Honda Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by euro86
    D16a1 is USDM integra 86 -89 (first gen)
    D16a3 us AUDM Integra 86 - 89 (first Gen)
    D16a8 is Si civic
    D16a9 crx
    zc DOHC JDM - Integra 86 -89

all these engines are 1.6 DOHC 16 valve 4 banger. all can use same cams, just the timing will be out.
    cool

wot about the specs of the honda concerto?

D16Z2 ??? they go hard as well i fink 88.26 flywheel kw.. SOHC engine ..goes harder than a newer D16Y4 with more mods ...e.g. custom filter/ pod cold air ... full exhaust 4-2-1 .. and FPR installed

while the D16Z2 only had direct cold air as pod is installed behind the bar .. 4-1 extractors ..and cat back exhaust ...

D16Z2 won..

Member Array
    coz the threads about the DOHC d-series engines bro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Custom Honda Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Focus
    coz the threads about the DOHC d-series engines bro
    yhe i know that but i was askin about the d16z2 if anyone also knows the specs of it ..

anywaiz ..

laterz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Integra SX16
    Word of warning on the cams from the D16a1 in USA - these actually have less lift than the Australian d16a3's - the reason I know is that i bought a set of cams and measured them against the standard ones in my gen1teg, turned out that the overall size of the shaft is the same but the lobe heights have been reduced in the USA for emissions compliances.