Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help - Climate Control and display problem

Dear everyone:

This is my first post. Please help if you can~
    My 2003 Euro has blowup the background light of the cd display a few months ago, i can see the display is working when i fresh light on it but the background light has gone. Honda Southside asked me to replace the whole unit which costs $1000. It is too expensive to fix it so i leave it at the moment and not sure what other option except replacing the whole unit.

Then this week, this is the time of climate control goes wrong.... It works perfectly on warm air but when i switched to cold air it just blow the air from outside. The ac is on from the display and i have tried switching the mode but still not working....

Really worry to spend huge money on fixing these two problems.... Could anyone give me a suggestion what goes wrong with the air cond? Around how much to fix it and where is cheaper? I am living around brisbane area. Please help if you can! Thanks!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Hit up the wreckers. They are around $300-400 from the wreckers
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Hit up the wreckers. They are around $300-400 from the wreckers
    Thanks for your reply. Any idea what goes wrong?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by terrylsy View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Any idea what goes wrong?
    It probably shorted out.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

surface mounted led's shorted out.

Any idea how to fix it instead of changing the whole CD system? Any any idea about the air cond? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I've gotta say, I'm not very impressed by the quality of the CL9's HVAC system. I mean I have had, and it's come back, a problem where occasionally, one side of the front speakers would drop out/go silent. To get it back, I'ld have to turn the volume up to around 15. Today, I saw the backlight to the display flickering a few times as well. I mean I know I had a fair few things on (HID+Fogs, rear demister, heater, CD, BT, Mobile Phone charging, wipers) and am on stock battery, but flickering? Shouldn't be affected by the load.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Check your grounds, they deteriorates pretty badly with age

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    My car's 4 years old..... where abouts is the grounds anyway?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by terrylsy View Post
    Any idea how to fix it instead of changing the whole CD system? Any any idea about the air cond? Thanks
    Nope, if you take it out yod see they are controlled by the same circuit board.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    None of the above it's a problem with the HVAC circuit board. The resistor for the led has blown very common after a long cold drive and stopping and then heater on full blast on restart.

go to the wreckers but I just got use to it. no guarantee it won't happen again though.

Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    None of the above it's a problem with the HVAC circuit board. The resistor for the led has blown very common after a long cold drive and stopping and then heater on full blast on restart.

go to the wreckers but I just got use to it. no guarantee it won't happen again though.
    Thanks for your reply. But what more worry me is the air con. I am worry that it can cause me a fortune to fix it. Heard from other people mention about compressor could be a reason which causes them $1500...