Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6

problemo with suspension after coilovers put in?

hey guys,

got my coilovers in and found that my steering wheel is off centre. if i put the steering wheel straight i veer to the left. my endlinks are adjustable so maybe they're not the same length? also, theres clunking noises when i drive, sometimes more noticeable than other times. just doesnt sound right. someone help me out?

cheers.

Get a wheel alignment?

As for the clunking, recheck all the bolts and torque them to specs with load on the suspension?
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

When you change suspension components, always get a wheel alignment =)

As for the clunking noises, are you using factory rubber upper mounts or using the solid/pillowball top mounts? Cause a lot of the time, people don't realise that the clunking noises coming from the solid top mounts banging on the top mount of the chassis
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    im using factory rubber mounts. i wouldnt have thought they would cause a problem? my coilovers dont have damper settings either...

but wheel alignment it is! any suggestions as to where i should go? how much will i be looking for to adjust those endlinks etc etc/

Ahhh if you're using Factory Rubber Top mounts then you're fine... Some people forget or don't know about the coilovers they put in have solid upper mounts so basically instead of rubber on metal, its metal on metal giving you the clunking sounds at times.

Depending where you're located... PM Senna on here or contact Heasman, Road and Race, Spinning Wheel Tyres, East Coast Suspension =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    When you change suspension components, always get a wheel alignment =)
    Definantly!
    Hell, any time you unbolt a critical suspension component (Even if you put that same part back in)
    Get the wheel alignment anyway.. You'd be amazed how much they can change!
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".