Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    definitely. small population, overpriced rents, and no economy of scale means we are not a good candidate for high volume sellers.
    and you struggle unless you work fifo
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    and you struggle unless you work fifo
    some will argue that FIFO isnt much better.

sure you earn a higher wage, but a good chunk of it goes to ever increasing rent (up in the mines and in perth). best thing to stay afloat these days, is to become your own boss. work from home.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    what's more income got to do with rent?

regardless of your salary you still pay the same rent - it's ultimately your choice where you live. You don't pay rent in the mines, you live in a camp provided by the client. because it's cheaper for them to provide it then for you to find accommodation and +10%
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

what's more income got to do with rent?

regardless of your salary you still pay the same rent - it's ultimately your choice where you live. You don't pay rent in the mines, you live in a camp provided by the client. because it's cheaper for them to provide it then for you to find accommodation and +10%
    wait, you dont have to pay rent in the mines? wth. i thought you had to pay your own way up there with the mine wages.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    nooooooooooo way josé

someone's unaware

It depends on the arrangement you have, but the typical fifo worker will get accomodation, flights and food paid. Accommodation up there is ridiculous - think $4000/week in rent for the a sh*thole house cos fo the demand. Big guys like rio and BHP are paying that right now..

anywya i'm also looking at a decent jack, seems like those arcan ones are the way to go? What else to look for in a jack?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

nooooooooooo way josé

someone's unaware

It depends on the arrangement you have, but the typical fifo worker will get accomodation, flights and food paid. Accommodation up there is ridiculous - think $4000/week in rent for the a sh*thole house cos fo the demand. Big guys like rio and BHP are paying that right now..

anywya i'm also looking at a decent jack, seems like those arcan ones are the way to go? What else to look for in a jack?
    haha. definitely clueless when it comes to FIFO.

i might have a mate who is interested. if someone can get solid prices and shipping cost, im willing to try and get a few people on the boat.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Please avoid that style of jack. Personal experience they are known to fail without warning- heavy and not low at all.

Just drive to sydney , buy like 8 and sell them for abit extra and claim back your fuel money lol
    Was planning to buy the same one from recpo (pro-lift)

It seems like the Arcan has downsides too. It appears that the Arcan has small teeth on it and may slip away.

Here is a review:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1DTDlNhqw

I'm not sure which to go for.
    Arcan: About $90 more expensive and have small teeth
    Pro-Lift: No pads, but the teeth looks bigger

The ek1 front jack point is flat and fear it might slip!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Arcan, trust me. You wont regret it
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    thats different to the arcan one ive linked.
    And small teeth on what? the handle to release the lift?
    Mine hasnt slipped yet, and doesnt look like it will, seems fine to me
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Just going off the review on youtube. Yeah it is a different model though, the 3.5T version I think.

Teeth on the jacking point where it lifts the car up (video shows it) not the handle-

But yeah, leaning towards buying the arcan jack soon..

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    had mine for awhile. no slips at all. so you wont have to worry about that at all.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Honda - You're better off asking your question in here. Not too sure why you PM'ed me asking about your Arcan jack haha.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend