Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOBRO View Post
    http://www.knology.net/jediklc/gearatiosbseries.htm

looking at this site the older vtir box the YS1 has similar 1st, 2nd and 3rd as the 98+ type r box and better 4th and 5th
    i wanted to swap these into my 99 vtir S80 box and at the same time getting LSD and 4.9 Final drive
    thanx for your help
    You basically are saying you want a hydro B16A gearbox with 4.9 final drive and LSD. B16A 5TH with a 4.9 final drive will suck on the motorway. Stick with your Vti-r 5th.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    yea haha 5th will be sitting at 4000 rpm and yes i think thats exactly wat i'm looking to do soo will need a B16 box, LSD and 4.9 and don't need to worry bout highway driving lol no licence for a while and its a track only car so yea thanks for helpin out US and Aus specs get confusing a little

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    Early model cable gearboxes from the CRX and DA9-6 with S1,Y1,J1 designations are not fully interchangeable with the hydro internals although some parts may swap over. A YS1 housing from the 92-93 DA is the only cable housing that can take hydro internals although it will take a bit of modification(shaving internal ribs)to fit the diff/final drive.

Anyway, your question is confusing.. The GSi and VTiR both have hydro gearboxes.

All B-series gearboxes will bolt on to any B engine, just need to get the right clutch to fit the different spline on the input shaft that the early versions have compared to the 92 onwards boxes, plus the different type of clutch actuation obviously but this relates to chassis not engine.

What are you looking to do?
    you still got that cable box?

needing it soon.

lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Sure! Was thinking about taking the 5th from it and putting it in my YS1 with TypeR internals to give me the slightly lower cruising revs but not looking to do anything just yet. Will still have it for a while! I did pull it apart and just chucked it back together so it would need to be checked and new seals etc.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Account Disabled Array
    how much to syd?