Newcomer Array
    Car:
    93 1.5EG Breeze

Ek4 B16A engine into EG breeze?

Hey guys this is my first post, and I have to say after reading lots of stuff on here, this site is a wealth of information! Good work! I love it!

I'v been looking for front cuts of eg6's B16A's because i want to do an engine swap with my 1.5L carby breeze.
    Will all the EK4 gear swap out with my EG relatively no fuss?

Is this deal as good as a front cut? What things will I have to source for myself that would usually be in a front cut?
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clark...ts-/1002762126

I want enigine etc, and brakes. That's it
    1.Will i need new shift linkage?
    2. Will the brakes bolt straight on? or will i need new brake lines and other bits?
    3. Should get bigger brake boost/master cylinder hey?

I'm aware of the wiring and ecu changes in order to convert to EFI and fuel tank differences.

I'm not a total noob, but I'm still learning. And yes google is my best friend lol But i was hoping for maybe specific quirks or issues with this case before I buy?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks so much guys!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    You need engine mounts to put ek b16 into eg
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    yokomo MR4TC-BD
    To answer questions 1,2,3 = Yes to all. Get a half cut to smooth out the swap transition. Or you will be chasing parts here and there which can lengthen your swap process.

Edit: shift linkage will depend on which generation b series generation u get.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Gday mate. I just did this swap into my EG8, so I can help with some of the stuff, but I think there are some other issues that I did not have, re fuel supply, such as fuel pump.

Anyway, 1) you will need the shift linkage from the EK4 (or possibly other b series linkage?). Unless you feel like custom making one. If you're handy with a welder, thats definitely an option.
    2) For the front brakes, you will need the steering knuckle/hub assembly, rotors and calipers. Your stock brake lines will work. For the rears, you will need the rear trailing arm, with handbrake cable, brake rotor, caliper, and brake line. I'm pretty sure I wrote all of this up in one of my threads, but havent got time to find it now.
    3) yes, you should use a bigger brake m/c. I used an EK4 one, as i used the EK4 brakes. This is a pia to install.

You DONT need engine mounts (if carby engine mounts are the same as d15), but you are welcome to get some if you wish. I got hasport ones coz my old ones were cooked, but they are VERY stiff.

You WILL need a rear bracket from an ITR.

You WILL need a loom from an ITR, because EK4=obd2, EG=obd1. there will also be some wires that will need to be added / connectors changed.

You WILL also need an appropriate ECU, preferably with hondata or some other tunable set up. I think the ecu I used was a p28 or maybe p72 (not 100% sure any more) with hondata s300. However the ecu I used does not have knock sensor, and the b16a2 does, so maybe an obd1 ecu with knock board would be a better idea, but im not so hot on ecus.

I think thats it. Oh, you need the b series drive shafts+half shaft too, but that should be part of the half cut.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    oh, and the flange on your stock exhaust wont be on the same angle as the flange from the headers of the b16. So you will need to get an exhaust made up or something

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    ^ what he said but you will also need
    efi lines, under dash loom, tank.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    ITR engine loom is also OBD2. you need CRX (EG2) engine loom or eg6 engine loom which is OBD1. Any rear bracket from either a crx del sol or any dc integra will work. You do not need a tunable setup. You can use a stock P30 (EG6/EG2) ECU. DC2 shift linkages will work.

IMO You are better off finding a OBD1 B18C2 DC2 halfcut OR wrecked dc2 which will have absolutely everything you need, brake swap and all for a direct swap into your eg.
    Last edited by gen2 CRX; 31-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    you dont need to change the tank or lines if you dont want too. you can just upgrade the external pump to a bigger one and run the hoses to the new fuel rail locations accordingly from the existing hard lines.

Member Array
    Car:
    yokomo MR4TC-BD
    Or....

Turbo your carby motor