Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Euro's are running the iridium sparks already, so really there's no upgrade above them unless you want to do the coils and firing system. If your new to tuning, I'ld say go for more torque. Try grabbing a Comptech IceBox instead of a CAI, will give more torque than power, but it's more usable. I wouldn't bother with the exhaust unless you want more sound, the stock system isn't that restrictive to begin with. If anything, headers would give a decent gain. With headers, your going to have to get an exhaust shop to install for ya. With the IceBox, you could DIY, there are threads that will show you how to install it yourself, or you could find someone off Ozhonda who'ld do it cheaper than an actual shop.
    ^^^As above.Headers will give you the most gains for 1K then icebox if you have spare cash.Forget the CAI you lose low down torque and gain a bit in the upper rev range

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I should also add, since your car is an 06 model, I'm assuming it's the facelifted one, which has a 400 Cell Cat from my memory, which isn't that bad. If it's a prefacelift, then it'ld have a 900 cell cat which is very restrictive, and changing that would give some gains as well. With a 400 Cell, I'ld say save your money, it's not worth it. As for a flywheel, which Dak has recommended, that will improve your engine's response, but won't do anything to increase your actual power. When Dak says bigger gains, he just means more noticeable difference/improvement vs 2hp gained @tw. Most of your 1k would go to labour though.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I should also add, since your car is an 06 model, I'm assuming it's the facelifted one, which has a 400 Cell Cat from my memory, which isn't that bad. If it's a prefacelift, then it'ld have a 900 cell cat which is very restrictive, and changing that would give some gains as well. With a 400 Cell, I'ld say save your money, it's not worth it. As for a flywheel, which Dak has recommended, that will improve your engine's response, but won't do anything to increase your actual power. When Dak says bigger gains, he just means more noticeable difference/improvement vs 2hp gained @tw. Most of your 1k would go to labour though.
    flywheel on an auto? i dont remember you can do that.....

lightened pully could help.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Must spread rep around before giving to Chaosmaster again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    flywheel on an auto? i dont remember you can do that.....

lightened pully could help.
    Its also called a flexplate. Tell you the truth Im not too sure but if it can be done it'd be the first thing I'd do.

Yea lightened pulley will definitely help. If I could replay time I would remove parasitic loss before considering IHE
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Can't do lightweight flywheel on an auto. Get lightweight pulleys instead.

Auto will make 7-10kw less atw than a manual due to drive-train loss.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, true. No flywheel on an Auto. Forgot to mention that, was just explaining what Dak meant by gains. Pulley could work, but depending which set, do note that your alternator maybe running a lower ratio thus making less power than it normally would. Just means that if you drive it short distances, you may want to charge your battery yourself every once in a while.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yeah, true. No flywheel on an Auto. Forgot to mention that, was just explaining what Dak meant by gains. Pulley could work, but depending which set, do note that your alternator maybe running a lower ratio thus making less power than it normally would. Just means that if you drive it short distances, you may want to charge your battery yourself every once in a while.

I was talking lightened pulley, not lightened + underdriven pulleys.
    They are 2 different things.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars