Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Hondata

Iridium vs Platinum Spark Plugs?

What the different between them !?? They killing my brain cells..
    http://www.ngkspark.com.au/sparkplug.php#

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Iridium's are supposed to last 100-120k. Platinums supposed to last 60k but are cheaper than iridium. Iridium also tend to have the fine tip on their electrodes.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    nuthing man exactly the same they just last alott longer so you'll only need to change them like after 100,000 km
    only good if u have a FWD V6 type car where the back 3 cylinders are harder to change if you know what i mean
    on a 4 cylinder i'd rather use the normal copper core ones

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    they both last 100k if they are the laser platinum or laser iridium because the tip and the ground has the special metals
    if its only on the tip they last till bout 50k or so

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    since you drive a honda.. just go for copper plugs since they can be changed in 15 minutes
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    since you drive a honda.. just go for copper plugs since they can be changed in 15 minutes
    This is correct.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Standard iridiums last 60k, laser platinums and laser iridiums are the ones that last 100k. Standard copper plugs last 20-40k. There should be no difference in performance with either plug, they are all copper its just that the irridiums and platinums have a special coating over the copper to make them last.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    The standard s2k plugs are pfr7g-11s which are laser platinums. So i would just buy these plugs

^

My H22A NGK Iridium IX plugs have lasted 100,000km...According to the bonnet sticker or the service manual, the Prelude comes with Laser Platinum plugs from the factory and they should last 100,000km too?

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondata
    Ahaha thank guys! They don't come with copper.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    ^

My H22A NGK Iridium IX plugs have lasted 100,000km...According to the bonnet sticker or the service manual, the Prelude comes with Laser Platinum plugs from the factory and they should last 100,000km too?
    correct but why pay so much?

my service history indicates that the previous owner paid around $30/plug (total 120ish).... and coppers are only ~$7, so unless the iridium plugs are going to last at least 4 times longer, i wouldn't bother with the price hike.

I don't really recommend this, but you could also get a cheap socket set with a spark plug attachment for under $30 too.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    my service history indicates that the previous owner paid around $30/plug (total 120ish).... and coppers are only ~$7, so unless the iridium plugs are going to last at least 4 times longer, i wouldn't bother with the price hike.

I don't really recommend this, but you could also get a cheap socket set with a spark plug attachment for under $30 too.
    i was under the understanding that iridium burns fuel alot faster/hotter than copper?

for my legend, i bought 6x spark plugs, and they were like $10/ea shipped from singapore.

shop smart and you can have a good spark AND at a good price.