Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro

[CL9] WEL09 build in progress!

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this forum, and I would like to show you all my '05 CL9. At the moment it is stock standard, except for a minor exhaust modification. Over the coming months I plan to carry out suspension, body, exhaust, brakes and wheels/tyres modifications, accompanied by pictures and step by step instructions.

This is how my car sits today.

The first thing I plan to accomplish is the wheels and tyres. I have purchased a set of 18" wheels through a mate which I plan to use in the mean time, until I buy a set of decent Jap wheels.

Here is a picture of the wheels, and also up against the car so you get an idea as to what they will look like. (note: the reason they aren't on the car yet is because the tyres on them a rooted, and I am waiting to pick up a set of Federal 595's for them)

\

Here is a list containing every single part I will be buying for my car;

HT-Spec VERSION 2.0 Coilover Damper Kit (w/ front and rear camber kits)
    Mugen Short Shifter
    HT-Spec Brake Package - Stage 4
    Mugen Front Grille
    Honda Accord EuroR Lip Kit
    Injen CAI
    Weapon-R Race Headers

I can't guarantee they will all be done in said order, but I will be sure to let you guys know. And of course, pictures and all will be provided.

Cheers guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    looking forward to see the progress pics =]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Sweet as mate, thank you!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Nice, looking forward to seeing the Lip kit and brakes, lolz.

good luck with the build

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    ChaosMaster, got doubts?

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Lolz, nah, just wanna see it before I jump in myself. Lolz

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 05accordeuro View Post
    ChaosMaster, got doubts?

Thanks guys.
    BBK (even if it is oem sized) is overkill on the euro considering your list of performance mods, upgrade the rotors and pad should be more than sufficient.

You getting any chassis mods? Like strut bars

Ps: MingZai on the forums is selling a set of WPR headers with cat welded already
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    BBK (even if it is oem sized) is overkill on the euro considering your list of performance mods, upgrade the rotors and pad should be more than sufficient.

You getting any chassis mods? Like strut bars

Ps: MingZai on the forums is selling a set of WPR headers with cat welded already
    You think so? Who makes a decent set of pads and rotors for the Euro?

I will be chucking an RSB in it, but apart from that I haven't really explored much in the chassis department.

Oh cool. I'll keep that in mind! Cheers mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 05accordeuro View Post
    You think so? Who makes a decent set of pads and rotors for the Euro?

I will be chucking an RSB in it, but apart from that I haven't really explored much in the chassis department.

Oh cool. I'll keep that in mind! Cheers mate.
    if you are buying off US (amazon or something), Hawk HPS brake pads are good, and EBC makes some nice slotted rotors

if you are buying locally, DBA makes osm decent rotors

as to chassis, the usual RSB, then tower bar, and if you're feeling rich, lower front strut as well.

PS: watch the weight of your rims.... any performance mod you do can easily be wiped off by heavy wheels.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Yes pretty much what Freddy is saying

Nice car btw SILVER LIKE ME

If you are after a Euro R lip kit I can certainly look after you in that department... just pm me and I can try source things for you.

Freddy is right on all departments... there is certainly no need for BBK but if you are there is an endless set on the forum (best ones you can find).

I tracked my vehicle and all I used was some good brake pads (Project Mu HC+) and that was it.

AT MOST if you must you can get some slotted rotors but that's about it in regards to the braking department.

Exhaust if you want most power go for a single titanium exhaust but watch your fuel mileage go down hill or go for Skunk 2 which is loud... otherwise just get some nice looking mufflers for your exhaust.

The most worthwhile mod would be the headers with a hi flow cat (which I happen to be selling) + a CAI for some nice induction sound but don't expect too much performance from that.

You seem to be going down my spec / path but with more USDM in it haha but yes your sort of on the right track and Freds right about the wheels too....

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^^

Don't you know I'm always right :-P