Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Lolz, I personally would just go for a BBK or more specifically a bigger rotor for the rears. The OEM size just look too small, especially with 18's or bigger. Nothing to do with the performance though, just purely for visual reasons.

One thing I don't get is how Titanium specifically would affect one's fuel consumption?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    that was in relation to the single exhaust part not titanium

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Yes pretty much what Freddy is saying

Nice car btw SILVER LIKE ME

If you are after a Euro R lip kit I can certainly look after you in that department... just pm me and I can try source things for you.

Freddy is right on all departments... there is certainly no need for BBK but if you are there is an endless set on the forum (best ones you can find).

I tracked my vehicle and all I used was some good brake pads (Project Mu HC+) and that was it.

AT MOST if you must you can get some slotted rotors but that's about it in regards to the braking department.

Exhaust if you want most power go for a single titanium exhaust but watch your fuel mileage go down hill or go for Skunk 2 which is loud... otherwise just get some nice looking mufflers for your exhaust.

The most worthwhile mod would be the headers with a hi flow cat (which I happen to be selling) + a CAI for some nice induction sound but don't expect too much performance from that.

You seem to be going down my spec / path but with more USDM in it haha but yes your sort of on the right track and Freds right about the wheels too....
    Sweet as mate, I will keep all of those things in mind! Especially with regards to the lip kit!

What brand CAI would you recommend?

Thank you all for being so helpful, this is is the first forum i've been on where people actually help others out haha.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 05accordeuro View Post
    Sweet as mate, I will keep all of those things in mind! Especially with regards to the lip kit!

What brand CAI would you recommend?

Thank you all for being so helpful, this is is the first forum i've been on where people actually help others out haha.
    Injen for sound and top end power
    CT-Engineering icebox for low-mid range and safety from hydrolocking.

Between me, mingzai, marquee, chaosmaster, we've made loads of threads about where to start modding.

like what aarong et al did half a decade ago!
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Dammit stupid Fred beat me lmao

Yes what he said "again =.=" but the whole fear of hydrolocking... it's very very hard for it to happen but then again looking at the weather for Qld and Brisbane you never know.

Pretty much the positioning of the filter on the car it is very hard to have contact with external water as it is hiding behind the front bumper and is enclosed behind the mud guard as well.

I drove around with the CAI with over 3 cm of water and drove it pretty hard as well and had no problem.

I suggest Injen CAI due to personal experiences with it and bling bling factor in your engine bay but there is certainly nothing wrong with Comptech Engineer Icebox.

I currently run the J's Racing Carbon Fibre Intake.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    With Injen CAI, you could always change it to an SRI mode, or half it's length and have the pod in the engine bay behind the battery instead of behind the front bumper. Alternatively you could get a protective film for it for a bit extra, to protect it from hydrolocking. No idea what the roads are like in QLD, but in Vic, there are quiet a few area's where the puddles do get a bit deep (a few cm). Australia does have the worse roads in the world.

The cause of hydrolocking doesn't just have to be going through deep puddles, a big slash could have the same effect. Depends on luck and situation I guess. J's Racing CF Intake is awesome, I'm looking at getting one myself, but it's expensive as, being J's Racing and CF and all. Injen is a nice option, bling factor too, will fail to meet modding laws in some states (actually, I think only Vic doens't allow open filters cos they're anal, but double check this). Comptech has a decent rep, and is a sleeper mod, but if it were me, I'ld just remove the resonator, you get 90% of the result anyway.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    in Victoria you are allow to have a open filter but it has to be secure down unless they have changed the Roadworthy rules again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCOW View Post
    in Victoria you are allow to have a open filter but it has to be secure down unless they have changed the Roadworthy rules again.
    Ah really, last I checked (a few months ago) it seemed to ban all open filters. Then again, I struggled to find much info on it. Then again, no Cop is gonna check a CL9 for mods.... unless you drop it and wear too much camber.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Ah really, last I checked (a few months ago) it seemed to ban all open filters. Then again, I struggled to find much info on it. Then again, no Cop is gonna check a CL9 for mods.... unless you drop it and wear too much camber.
    Bobby *cough*
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

if youre gona do an aftermarket sound system ill give you a few pointers

ive spent wayyyy too much money on mine and have learnt about all the dramas you can get with installing one lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    Quote Originally Posted by kristrifo View Post
    if youre gona do an aftermarket sound system ill give you a few pointers

ive spent wayyyy too much money on mine and have learnt about all the dramas you can get with installing one lol
    Let me guess.. Using oem headunit instead of aftermarket HU

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    Let me guess.. Using oem headunit instead of aftermarket HU
    from frying an alternator to using different Hi/Low convertors, to frying eq cross overs, new batteries, different head decks, frying speakers, everything lol

not to mention the endless hours ive spent researching speakers