Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Best budget performance would be an Integra VTIR damaged donor car from the auctions.170 hp is a huge jump from a D16Y4 and you get virtualy everything you need.Lets not get away from the fact you are a student and you did say budget.Later on when more $s come along you can update the bottom end with a B20.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Good ideas coming in guys,

Fraser, I didnt think about buying the integra VTIR damaged whole car for all the bits that I need.
    Would even be better if i could pick up a rare late model DC2r damaged with the Type r engine and get the seats from it to. Then I could sell off the extra bits that arent needed for some cash flow afterwards.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    K20 setup man. if you have the money go for a k20/24 frankenstein setup with a 6 speed type r gearbox. Even if you were to go for a straight k20 swap, the k series will always be far superior to b20 setups for the simple fact of the gearbox. shorter ratios due to it being six speed and power delivery on k swapped hondas in incredible. Im not biased as i drive a heavily built b18 dc2 but i have driven a few k swapped integras and a few b20 integras and the power delivery is so different. For your hill climb events you cant go past the k setup, even for the street its an awsome options. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than a turbo d series, although the raw sound of the b series is pretty amazing :P
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    I agree with you joe.teg,
    A K series would be an absolute monster to drive and use on the track. Just for the cost that I would have to do to get it to happen may be out of my league.
    As I said, im a uni student atm, so a cheapish style build is in mind.

Hence why I contemplated the D turbo, making advantage of what engine I have at the moment. Like not thinking it would be a complete monster, but would be fun to have a little 6-7psi t28 doing some work

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    You seem to have answered your own question.

Account Disabled Array
    d15b7

end thread/

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    yer Type r would be better coz u'll get the better engine+gearbox bigger brakes and so on

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    depend what u want man if u want nice VTEC+Turbo i would have to say go for B20 2L Block+ B16/B18 VTEC Head+ Turbo + ITR 4.4 or 4.7Gearbox,TB,IM,Hondata s300 that would give u something that u prefer for a turbo.

if u want nice VTEC only go for B18CR swap or K swap depend on your budget. and i found 2 JDM B18C type R and 1 AUDM B18C7 on ebay in your Local u can check this out your self.

B18C7
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Int...#ht_564wt_1265

98 JDM
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-B18C-...#ht_931wt_1031

JDM
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Int...#ht_931wt_1031
    Last edited by Monetz; 10-06-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Thanks for all the good advice guys, its giving me lots of food for thought.

Im leaning towards either doing a turbo on the d series for some fun and a little bit more power under the hood. Or ill save up and do a B18c swap for the car but it will have to be further down the track due to costing a decent chunk.

Two questions thou:
    - How much boost with a t28 can i run through a stock internal D16y4 series safely, was thinking about 6-7PSI??
    - My car is a 2000 EK1 and in NSW, am i correct in saying that the motor has to be a later year than my car when it gets swapped in?

Steven

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    1. Yes you can run 6-7 PSI with a T28. Provided your D16 is healthy. T28's seem to max around 1 bar/14.7psi. Try to snag one off a JDM S15. So you get the T28 BB
    2. Yes. The engine has to be the same or later year than the car, never earlier.
    Last edited by DakDak; 11-06-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Choke dealer

Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    1. Yes you can run 6-7 PSI with a T28. Provided your D16 is healthy. T28's seem to max around 1 bar/14.7psi. Try to snag one off a JDM S15. So you get the T28 BB
    2. Yes. The engine has to be the same or later year than the car, never earlier.
    Correct.

Perfect example of this was my old lancer cb wit the vtec d16 turbo running t28bb tuned with EMS ecu.

Pulled 225fwkw @ 1bar boost.

Custom driveshafts tend to start slipping that prevented in obtaining more power back then.
    Turbo?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Yeah stock motor is in good shape, only just ticked over to 100K and gets its service in 2 weeks when im home on uni break. Hence the contemplation for the little turbo set up
    Getting a T28BB would be sweet and hopefully will make decent numbers even with just 7PSI. How much would that turbo set me back pricewise??

@ IVTECI - Wow those are some good numbers with a lancer! would love to see some pics of the car if your willing to post them up