Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2

ABS on Track car

Hey everyone just wanted to ask if ABS on a track car is ok or should i remove it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    anyone still have the ABS on their track car?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    My 2011 Civc is a trackcar/daily drive and its still has ABS, first thing I do is hit the VSA button which pretty much dissables traction control and ABS. Did a trackday at EC in the rain and ABS allowed me to stay on the track. First time I've used it.

Are you concerned about the weight ? cant it be dissabled ? I'd imagine its illegal to remove if registered and driven on the road ? Potential issurance issues ?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    abs is fine on a race car, nothing wrong with that.

in saying that i dont have ABS on mine, i find that it has better brake feel with out ABS.

some may prefer ABS some may not.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    My 2011 Civc is a trackcar/daily drive and its still has ABS, first thing I do is hit the VSA button which pretty much dissables traction control and ABS. Did a trackday at EC in the rain and ABS allowed me to stay on the track. First time I've used it.

Are you concerned about the weight ? cant it be dissabled ? I'd imagine its illegal to remove if registered and driven on the road ? Potential issurance issues ?
    not coz of weight just wondering lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    abs is fine on a race car, nothing wrong with that.

in saying that i dont have ABS on mine, i find that it has better brake feel with out ABS.

some may prefer ABS some may not.
    then i might try with it first b4 i remove it

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    When you are on the limit some abs systems can be a bit too intrusive, cutting in too early and not allowing you to hold peak braking force. It can also cause you to overspeed into a corner which is annoying when you are on a hot lap
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    thanks for the replies guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    When you are on the limit some abs systems can be a bit too intrusive, cutting in too early and not allowing you to hold peak braking force. It can also cause you to overspeed into a corner which is annoying when you are on a hot lap
    now thats what i was worried about so what would i need to make it non abs or should i just disable it?

Not sure about this but maybe you can disable your ABS by pulling a fuse out (confirm this) to give you an idea.
    To be honest I would start with ABS and only remove it if I felt it is hindering me on track

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOBRO View Post
    now thats what i was worried about so what would i need to make it non abs or should i just disable it?
    Whats the difference? whether you call it "Non ABS" or "Disabled ABS" you've done the same thing right?

Just as some advice in general:

First thing is first - get out on the track and see what happens. People spend too much time fitting a bunch of fancy gear or playing with set-up before they know how to drive on a track. Take your car as it is to a track, then do a few laps with a professional driver, then try to match his best lap. Until you can match his time you don't need any more upgrades...
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Whats the difference? whether you call it "Non ABS" or "Disabled ABS" you've done the same thing right?

Just as some advice in general:

First thing is first - get out on the track and see what happens. People spend too much time fitting a bunch of fancy gear or playing with set-up before they know how to drive on a track. Take your car as it is to a track, then do a few laps with a professional driver, then try to match his best lap. Until you can match his time you don't need any more upgrades...
    good advice m8
    i will do this
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre