Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Whats the difference? whether you call it "Non ABS" or "Disabled ABS" you've done the same thing right?

Just as some advice in general:

First thing is first - get out on the track and see what happens. People spend too much time fitting a bunch of fancy gear or playing with set-up before they know how to drive on a track. Take your car as it is to a track, then do a few laps with a professional driver, then try to match his best lap. Until you can match his time you don't need any more upgrades...
    I think he means Non ABS as in remove all the ABS gear completely while disable ABS by just removing the fuse or something along those lines?

OP - Like Senna mentioned previously, all ABS's are programmed differently and even ABS between same model can differ due to wear & tear, different tires/wheels, etc. Some are indeed intrusive, others will only attempt to save your from your own bravery =P

Best way to determine is to go out there and try it yourself As you develop, you'll slowly figure out if the ABS helps you or a hindrance. I found for myself personally, non-ABS allowed me to perform much more delicate braking but I've had to work on getting myself use to modulate the brake pedals in emergencies instead of simply stomping on it. Pays to have a correctly selected brake setup and tires =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I think he means Non ABS as in remove all the ABS gear completely while disable ABS by just removing the fuse or something along those lines?

OP - Like Senna mentioned previously, all ABS's are programmed differently and even ABS between same model can differ due to wear & tear, different tires/wheels, etc. Some are indeed intrusive, others will only attempt to save your from your own bravery =P

Best way to determine is to go out there and try it yourself As you develop, you'll slowly figure out if the ABS helps you or a hindrance. I found for myself personally, non-ABS allowed me to perform much more delicate braking but I've had to work on getting myself use to modulate the brake pedals in emergencies instead of simply stomping on it. Pays to have a correctly selected brake setup and tires =)
    Your foot and the amount of pressure you apply will determine if you are just as effective as ABS is
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    Your foot and the amount of pressure you applyduring extreme braking maneuvers and at different points of individual wheel speed will determine if you are just as effective as ABS is allowing you to change direction at peak braking without locking a wheel
    Possibly a little more in depth....
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    just outta curiosity any one tracked a EK or so with standard abs? Nxt month imma hit winton for first time so im curious if abs is helpful... On a DD basis, abs helps alot, its differences between saving a life and not... as ive had ABS sensor fail on me and ran no abs an locked the brakes twice and was driving low speed that was bad enough hahaha
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    just outta curiosity any one tracked a EK or so with standard abs? Nxt month imma hit winton for first time so im curious if abs is helpful... On a DD basis, abs helps alot, its differences between saving a life and not... as ive had ABS sensor fail on me and ran no abs an locked the brakes twice and was driving low speed that was bad enough hahaha
    DD basis yes ABS is very good to have

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Absolutely, i would never recommend that someone should remove ABS on their street car
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Absolutely, i would never recommend that someone should remove ABS on their street car
    not just that but you won't get a pink slip to register the car

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Yes you are right
    OHSC