Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch

d15b7 swap to d16y4 eg help me!

we've just started doing an engine swap, from a d15b7 to the d16y4. we thought that everything matched up and bolted straight on, but once we put the engine in the engine bay, we realised that all the wiring for the d16 comes up to the passenger side cause its an ek engine, and in eg's, the wiring comes up to the drivers side. what can we do to hook everything up?

Use the EG engine harness. But some of the plugs will be different depending on what year D16Y4 you have.

From memory the plugs are different on Distributor, injectors, alternator and the IAT sensor plug is in a different location

You can either convert your motor to OBD1 by swapping the above over from your D15B7 or change over the connectors to suit.
    Last edited by dorikin; 10-06-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    thanks for the help, i should be able to swap over all the connectors but im not sure on the distributor cause the d16y4 motor has 7 wires going to one plug and the d15b7 has 7 wires in 1plug but also has a secong plug with 2 wires... any idea what i can do?
    thanks

Make sure you use d15b Intake manifold on the Y4

d16y4 Mani doesnt have IACV

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    ok thanks any idea on the distributor?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    ok, im reusing the alternator and intake manifold, should i also use the distributor?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    ok cheers

yes do the above. plus you will need to sort something out for the ECU, it wont plug in

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg civic hatch
    cant just use the d15 one?