Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: checking CEL

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

checking CEL

Hello, bought a 1994 EG civic for fun, it has a B16a5 (from a ek4 sir i believe) under the hood.
    I was told before i got it that the CEL came on because the o2 sensor in the exhaust wasnt working.
    took the car to a local shop and they couldnt scan the ECU, to see what it is.
    so im just wondering how to check it, i followed this guide:
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1901557
    and couldnt really find any plugs near the ecu that looked like those.
    I did however find this:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    It looks like it goes toward the ECU from the engine but does not plug into the ecu.
    I thought that might be the Tan + Green wire the guide speeks of, but this is an EK engine in an EG so im not sure what wires were used.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    that should be it, as the wire colors are the same.

should look like this but on passenger side

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    mine is a conversion and does not have that green looking thing.
    its litterally got a ecu box and everything is plugged into it, except that plug there with the 2 wires, i tried using some wire to connect the pins then turned the key nothing happened, and tried again with the engine running whilst the light was on. and nothing. it doesnt respond. ill just try replacing the primary sensor and then see if it goes away, it only comes on after driving for a bit.

where abouts can i find a b16a5 o2 sensor for sale, will any b16 sensor work?
    Last edited by GU357; 28-06-2012 at 11:57 PM.

The SCS connector is part of the EG dash loom which should not have been touched during the conversion.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ill take a picture tomorrow and show you what mine is like. but its night atm maybe better luck in the daytime.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    would any body be able to identify what OBD im running, i cant get a definative answer. OBD1 or OBD2.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    would any body be able to identify what OBD im running, i cant get a definative answer. OBD1 or OBD2.
    pics.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

OP

that wire you showed - looks like a OBDO plug ( pre 1991) - you might have chopped up wiring ?!
    Your chassis is 0bd1 , and should have had the same or a conversion harness for obd2 for the ecu maybe...

The ECU MIL plug is just above the ecu , behind the lower left corner of the glove box ( or SHOULD be there)

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ok i got a few more pics this morning.

hope these help, but as of yet im unsure what this car is exactly, if it is converted to obd0 it might explain why the autobahn man couldnt scan it.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    wait is that blue thing in the picture the plug i want? couldnt see it before but i waws able to get the camera in and look around more.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    how did you know its b16a5? never seen this before.
    you checked on engine stamp it says b16a5?

also this should help you determine obd
    www.hondata.com/techecuid.html

the pic dorikin gave you is the correct mil plug to be shorted
    yes blue plug, the green stuff is just a cover for the plug

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre