Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic

Question '12 Civic - Weird high pitch noise on motorway

does any owner of new 2012 Civic have the same experience? i suspect is was from the wheel but odd that the noise seems to come from only one wheel - front passage side. the noise can only be heard when driving at 100-110km/h on motorway, in my case the pacific motorway between brisbane and gold coast, and particularly loud when on concrete sections.

never had this problem with my previous '06 Accord.

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    how many kms are you now?....im suspecting your brand new tyres...it will settle around 1k kms
    Last edited by fitme; 16-06-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    almost 3k...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    btw, the tyres are bridgestone. with my previous accord, changed to bridgestone couple years ago to the front wheels and more road noise enter cabin. few months afterward changed the rear tyres but this time stick to original michelin energy and rotate the michelin to front, noise seems to be better. could be bridgestone tyres too hard?

not sure if tyres are the reason but if it is, would be easy to solve.... cross my finger that it is from the tyres and not something more serious...

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    try to swap the front tyres...and let see if the noise will be on the same side..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic

Smile

noise no more on my recent trip up to brisbane, didn't do anything to the car. however do notice that tyre pressure could be too high previously, as checked recently the tyres were at 237kpa, never top up since taken delivery (should have done the check earlier). this means the agent's workshop have pressurized the tyres way above recommended level.

so, i guess it could be either tyre pressure were too high causing the high pitch noise, or because the tyres were new. i suspected the first. will be more diligent to check tyre pressure now

cheers!