Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic

Dc2r 4x100 setup problems

Hi guys, recently installed my new setup consisting of

Dc2r calipers
    262 knuckles
    Redrilled prelude 282 discs

Everyone says you need to run a 3mm spacer between the rotor and knuckle but when I do the rotor and caliper don't line up. With the spacer taken out they line up perfect although there seems to be a slight rubbing sound when I spin the disc. Im pretty sure this rubbing is just the dust cover but cant be 100%. Should I just space out the rotor 3mm and also put 3mm washers between the caliper and the knuckle to solve the problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    This may be offtrack but I was looking into thisbut with bb4 prelude callipers also 282mm, but in that diy/guide the guy used the prelude carrier aswell. So you may need a different carrier? I haven't done it so don't quote me on it I could be way off. Or I guess shining it could work. Wait for someone who's done it to chime in.

DIY-262mm-gt-282mm-front-brakes-conversion

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i just did mine a month ago.

i used 3mm spacer from JDMward
    262mm knuckle
    bb4 282mm rotor (redrill to 4x100) and calipers

when my machanic installed the system, he did cut some of the dust cover off, and after the install, there was some metal rubbing noise, my machanic just push the dust cover back further and no more problem.

i dont see why u need both 3mm spacer and additional washer

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    When I use the 3mm spacer the disc and caliper don't line up. No spacer they line up perfect. Isn't the whole point of the spacer to line up the caliper to disc? Or is it to stop the disc rubbing on the inner area?

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    spacer to line up the rotor with the calipers.
    i have no ideas why it doesnt line up.

the only ur set up is different to mine is the calipers, i got mine from a BB4, not DC2R.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Mine is lining up without the spacer for some reason. Maybe I should just be happy lol

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    thats strange.

see how you go. take it easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    sorry, maybe be a silly question, but are your calipers already machined back 3mm?
    And the noise you have without the spacer is most likely your dust cover rubbing against the rotor, just need to push it back.
    While your wheel is off, you can check if its rubbing or not but manually rotating the disc. Bit fiddly trying to see but just get a torch and poke around you'll eventually find where it rubs.
    Also you might get the same thing as your corner as the assembly shifts during cornering so you might need to push it back more.
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Hmmm maybe the caliper is machined, I spoke to the previous owner of the calipers (ran on an em1), and he said he used no spacer but he had to use washers between knuckle and caliper? Anybody have a photo of mounting point on stock dc2r calipers so I can compare to mine?

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    doesnt the calipers just bolt onto the same spot as the 262 calipers?

mine just bolt straight to the existing bracket.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    yeah just bolted calipers directly to the knuckle and also the disc directly to the hub with no spacers or washers used at all. Fits perfect. The surface of the caliper does appear to have been notched out as it looks machined and has sharp edges unlike the rest of the caliper. Win for me I guess

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Yep, DC2R calipers bolt straight onto the 262mm knuckle.
    If thats the case, it sounds like that have been machined so you don't need the 3mm spacer that sits on the hub under the disc. But you will have to push/bend/mash/cut your dust covers back. Are your disc slotted? you'll get a awesome sounds when they rub if you don't push them back enough.
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors