Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About to buy a DC5s - need opinions.

Hey guys,

I'm about to buy a '04 ITS - put the deposit down, and situation is as follows:

-Car is a blaze orange - only 70,000 on the odo, no accident history, log books and service history, only 2 keys - from a dealer
    -Exterior in beautiful condition, minus a scratch or two
    -Tail light gaskets are dead, hence condensation in tail lights
    -Engine is in good condition, not blowing smoke, etc - compression test reports 180psi all four cylinders.
    -Gear box and clutch seems good too, no grind/popout/slippage when I had it test driven (note: I had it test driven by a 3rd part, as I am in VIC and car is in SA)
    -No leaks in pressure test
    -front left washer is dead
    -Engine mounts show signs of wear - no cracks yet.
    -Gutter rash on one stock wheel

Now, I'm more than happy with everything above - however, the following makes me cringe (see attached picture):

-Carpets look to be worn (I know this is an easy enough fix)
    -there seems to be a tear in the driver's seat. (This I'm worried about - I'm a perfectionist - what are my choices? Replace seat? Retrim? Can it be repaired? - what do you reckon it will cost? - can anyone put me in touch with someone that might be able to do it well enough for cheap ($<250))

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	117655731.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	22253

Price has been negotiated to $14k - does this seem like a good price?

Cheers - any help in regards to thos seats?

Yeah, it can be repaired. Cost not too sure.
    You could always swap with red recaros or something or get the seats retrimmed
    Not too sure how much they would have to retrim to fix that part of the seat

But I think the car is worth it, and I'd deal with the seat rip in the mean time

Yeah, still hell bent on buying her - beautiful car etc. Appreciate the input mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    9th gen Civic h
    There is a 15k ITS in VIC going around that's blue and looks pretty good. I'd prefer the blue, but that's just me.

Check that the third shifts in fine when [B]cold[B]. A trans fluid change will fix it pretty much but could be a bargaining point. I though seat rips were not allowed under roadworthy? I would double check this though.

Other thing to watch for is the sunroof. Make sure it opens smoothly when the shade bit is pulled back.

Yeah, I considered buying that - but then I saw this, I figured it was a pretty decent buy - esp. considering kms etc. And yeah 3rd gear seems good - may be just that the fluid has been changed recently.
    I don't have access to the car - but is the sunroof thing a common problem? Shouldn't bother me, regardless. I think haha.
    As for seat rips, it seems that it's less of a rip and more of the stitching seperating - I'll attach a pic the dealer sent me. Let me know what you guys think - esp. in terms of having it repaired - any guessesfor price are appreciated.

Apart from that - here is a detailed list of thing that are dodge in the interior:
    -The main item is the drivers seat which has about 4cm that needs re-stiching. (Reply of the dealer: the stitching has come undone and none of the leather has been cracked. Any good upholsterer would be able to easily fix it)
    -There are a couple of marks near the handbrake and some of the leather on the shift boot is worn.
    -The floor has factory fitted mats on it front and rear, however there is some wear on the carpet of the drivers side where the right foot has been. (about the size of a 20c coin)

Here is the photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Integra_Int (9).jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	22264

I guess I'm just too picky - nothing major wrong here.
    Last edited by DaRKNT; 27-06-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    You have every right to be picky. Your going to have to live with it.
    Choke dealer

I concur - but I guess some TLC and a little cash will fix her right up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    For those Ks and price you can't go wrong
    snapping 2nd..

I guess so. All in all it works out to slighlty more than 15k with trucking to Vic - without rego - not too bad.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Get the seat fixed by a leather/trim detailer. Will be an easy job.