Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Considering you mentioned "what's faster?", here are the performance & weight between the two.

B16A2 -
    Power: 160 hp (119 kW) @ 7600 rpm Torque: 111 lb·ft (150 N·m) @ 7000 rpm
    Redline: 8200 rpm
    Rev Limit: 8400 rpm
    VTEC Engagement: @5600 rpm

Weight: Estimate around (carsales figure) 1105kg
    Power to weight ratio: Estimate around 107.69

DC2 will be quicker on the straight. Around corners would be a good match, though a small hatchback can pull through fast!

B18C2 -
    Power: 168 hp (125 kW) @ 7600 rpm Torque: 128 ft·lbf (175 N·m) @ 6200 rpm
    Redline: 8200 rpm
    Rev Limit: 8300 rpm
    VTEC Engagement: VTEC @4500rpm to increase air intake & build air velocity before opening the shorter intake ports @ 5,800rpm to increase top end power.

Weight: Estimate around (carsales figure) 1176kg
    Power to weight ratio: 106.29

Calculation power to weight ratio: Kilowatts by the kerb weight and multiplying the product of the division by 1000.
    Last edited by HondaTurboVtec; 29-07-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Ek4 holds better value, dc2 have projector headlights, both have sunroof, B16A2 more fun, B18C2 has more torque, DC2R steering wheels are cheaper and more abundant then EK9 wheels. Both are 4x100. Ek4 is updated chasis vs dc2 which is based on EG.

Comes down to condition, price and what shape you like...
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    EK would be more fun like a sleeper. but a dc2 everyone will see it as a sports car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    EK would be more fun like a sleeper. but a dc2 everyone will see it as a sports car.
    See, this is exactly why I'd buy the Civic. I see the Civic as a fun hatch/sleeper, whereas the DC2 is a pretend sports car. I'd rather have a good example of a zippy hatch like a Civic or a Golf than a wannabe sports coupe like an Integra or Celica.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    See, this is exactly why I'd buy the Civic. I see the Civic as a fun hatch/sleeper, whereas the DC2 is a pretend sports car. I'd rather have a good example of a zippy hatch like a Civic or a Golf than a wannabe sports coupe like an Integra or Celica.
    Is it that time of the month again Indie

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    I love my ek4 man.
    Quick too
    STRUT Saturdays get on it

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Is it that time of the month again Indie
    One day you'll learn that people can have opinions that differ from yours, and that it's probably best to keep quiet unless you're contributing to the conversation.

But hey, at least you made a great joke about periods. That was killer.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    One day you'll learn that people can have opinions that differ from yours, and that it's probably best to keep quiet unless you're contributing to the conversation.

But hey, at least you made a great joke about periods. That was killer.
    What is best, is you to get that giant penis checked out thats protruding on your head.

Straightout, you seem completely obsessed with this RWD is king mentality and every FWD piece of shit should bow dow before it, because racecar
    you even have your DP as a diagram of a RWD layout..........seriously bro...........

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    Ek4 holds better value
    I disagree, the em1 hold its value more, better shape, same weight, has an ek9 gill and lip and doesn't have the ugly bumper mouldings of the ek4.

i don't even... DC2r is a pretend sportscar, right? Each to his own... IMO hatches are for girls and are no more than glorified shopping trolleys :P

A coupe has more front/rear dynamics -and (almost forgot), the 1999-00 Vti-r Civic is a coupe
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    I disagree, the em1 hold its value more, better shape, same weight, has an ek9 gill and lip and doesn't have the ugly bumper mouldings of the ek4.

i don't even... DC2r is a pretend sportscar, right? Each to his own... IMO hatches are for girls and are no more than glorified shopping trolleys :P

A coupe has more front/rear dynamics -and (almost forgot), the 1999-00 Vti-r Civic is a coupe
    WTFM8 OP never mentioned EM1...
    Same shit, different shell... EM1 is practically Australia's answer to a FL and bum lifted EK4... And since they are later model replacement of EK4 hatch, duh it's gonna hold better value... I was comparing EK4 with DC2
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I would pick the DC2 coz im biased and i have one lol ,, but honestly they are both great cars so would just come down to looks and which you would prefer =) ... inbox me if you want i might be selling my car =)
    _____ it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile .... winning's winning _____

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Integras just feel so much nicer imo. I cant give you any professional input but... .DC2 ALL DAY