dc5r hi flow cat help?

hey, i tried to search but coudnt find the info i need.. so feel free to redirect me or move the thread or watves

i need a new cat for my dc5, and dont really know wat i should get. the hi flow cats from exhaust shops are almost 350$ which is a bit too pricy, where the ones on ebay range from 100-150 (100 cell). so if anyone could help me and give me advice on wat the best cell rating and if the ebay ones are any good.

what i would really love is a cat delet but wouldnt that give me a engine light? does anyone know any info about that aswell?

thanx for your help in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    It all depends on what you are after - If you already have/intending on upgrading the entire exhaust system for power then a hi-flow cat would be ideal i'd try to get a magnaflow/xforce if possible, if your OEM cat has simply failed and you are only after a replacement to get you by then you'd best just replace it with another OEM DC5R cat as there will be little to no benefit replacing the cat alone.

No real benefit running a decat/test pipe and it would be louder and illegal so unless you are running it for drag purposes i'd steer clear of that.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Get a shop to make you one. Buying a cat from ebay then paying labour will add up to the same cost or even more.

yea i already got a 2.5 inch cat back and getting headers soon. so might aswell finish the system up with a hi flow cat..

my muffler is the sound adjustable one so not really worried about the noise increase if i get a cat delete. but it looks like its a headache so i might just not go that way with fixing the engine light and all :/

iv gotten quotes and their ranging from 330-400 lol.. there are good cats on ebay for like 130 and i got a quote for labour of 65 so it wont be cheaper getting it from a shop unfortunately..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    I got decat feel gains from it. But dc2r (o2 sensor is before cat)
    snapping 2nd..

really? the other problem is the fact that i dont think ill be able to find a exhaust place that will do it lol..
    with a dc5 i think theres on before cat and after. its the one after that will trigger the problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Yeh ur secondary sensor is the problem.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Kpro ecu and disable it. Or even a secondary o2 sensor delete plug?

Not worth running a decat. Small gain, big fine.
    Choke dealer

yea 100 cell hi flow cat looks like the way to go.. thats the highest following cat isnt it?
    would u guys rekon i need any o2 sensor extensions or watever?