City 25
    Civic 172
    CRV 170
    CRZ 6
    INSIGHT 2
    Jazz 220
    TOTAL 621

Alll markets are recovering strongly...
    Last edited by antony; 22-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    My household contributes 1

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Lolz, interesting how China outsells us through CRV's alone. Their the ugliest thing. I just don't get it.

They sold over 5k Crosstours in China but just 1500 Spirior/Euros. No wonder I've been seeing them all over the place now. It's a car that looks better in the flesh than in pictures but damn, it's still pretty tubby

Acura was recently launched as a brand here, they've got the TL and MDX as the main models. Any figures on China Acura sales?
    Last edited by redseven; 25-07-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    honda is seen as a premium japanese brand at developing asian countries. honda dresses the cars much more prettier than they do in australia.. they look plain here for some reason while they look flash over in asia. LOL just a heads up
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    Doesnt the Chinese police use CRV's? I'm pretty sure I've seen a pic of a CRV that the police own and they've put Merc badges on it.

I'll try and dig it up

Edit - it was the other way around...Merc's re-badged to look like CRV, funny read here
    Last edited by dirlok; 26-07-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    LOL do they really think people are dumb...
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

Heh, cop cars can be anything and everything in China The big American Accords and monster Landcruisers are pretty popular as police cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    In India for work at the moment, Honda city is about as big as you want a saloon car to go

Some may say Hondas sales are recovering... All I see are problems...
    1. New civic ain't selling in Australia (civic should be the bread and butter volume seller... It ain't)
    2. Acura ILX is a flop
    3. Accord euro is getting old, no replacement in sight, Europe is thinking about dropping the accord(euro) altogether, JDM accord (euro) isn't sold in big numbers, at all.
    4. Year to year market share is still Dropping
    5. Check the European sales figures. It ain't pretty.

Ps: Honda Brio is actually pretty good.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 27-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Fredoops,a few things you say are a bit harsh.

1.Civic is selling almost 1000 units a month locally,and that is without the hatch.Honda intends to sell 1500 a month in the coming months,when it has supplies of the sedan from Thailand,as well as harches from the UK.
    2.How can you say the Acura ILX is a flop,if it was only launched in the US the last week in May ???
    Its only been on sale for 1 full month there.
    3.The Accord Euro has a 5 and a half year run globally based on the CL9,which means the next one should arrive at the end of 2013.
    Biggest single markets are US and China.
    Europe is not thinking of dropping it after its present run,the UK is .
    4.US market,which is Hondas biggest ,is increading market share significantly this year over last year.
    5.The whole of the European car market is depressed at the moment.

I dont think things are as bad as you think they are for our favorite car company...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Fredoops,a few things you say are a bit harsh.

1.Civic is selling almost 1000 units a month locally,and that is without the hatch.Honda intends to sell 1500 a month in the coming months,when it has supplies of the sedan from Thailand,as well as harches from the UK.
    2.How can you say the Acura ILX is a flop,if it was only launched in the US the last week in May ???
    Its only been on sale for 1 full month there.
    3.The Accord Euro has a 5 and a half year run globally based on the CL9,which means the next one should arrive at the end of 2013.
    Biggest single markets are US and China.
    Europe is not thinking of dropping it after its present run,the UK is .
    4.US market,which is Hondas biggest ,is increading market share significantly this year over last year.
    5.The whole of the European car market is depressed at the moment.

I dont think things are as bad as you think they are for our favorite car company...
    Glass half full vs glass half empty I guess. but having to read company press releases and financial reports for a living, I have to say the half empty side usually is closer to reality:

1. 1500 locally is hardly a high number considering it has to make up the lower sales from CRV (until replacement comes... but I highly doubt replacement is going to do as well considering how crowded the market had became) and the big accord (dead beat because of the Euro).

2. The pre-orders and first month sales in the US is very important, its usually a good sign of things to come. also just look at the reviews and professional blogs, it didnt exactly create the buzz the TSX did to say the least.

4. 1500 odd CU2's a month in China is bloody awful, when it was released in China back in 2009 DongFeng Honda was expecting 8000 units a month, it never reached that figure. it's now doing 1500. Furthermore it's a 50/50 joint venture, so it's not exactly a boon for the Honda coffers, PS: Chinese dealers are currently offering a 12.5% discount to shift existing stock of Spriors

5. When the Opel Insignia outsells you 10 to 1, and you car is in one of the highest CO2 tax bands. You got a problem.

Look things might not seem bad at the moment..... but if the best honda can do is "earth dreams" and more hybrids.... maybe im just a cynic, but Honda's paying for flundering half a decade of time when other manufacturers were innovating.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-07-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I beleive that Dongfeng Hondas goal with the Spirior was 20 000 units per year,which is what they have been selling over the past 3 years.

Its volime seller is the normal Accord,and the Spirior is the flagship of the range