Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2

Camber setting on a track car

hey guys just wanted to ask what setting works best on a track car to start with or if you know a good shop that do wheel alignment for track cars??

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    I've been running -2.5 front and about -1 rear camber. Slight toe in on front (only to avoid wear), or neutral. Works pretty well for street & track.

If you don't drive it daily, you can go more aggressive -3-3.5 front and some rear toe out. This is all on EG with Type-R springs. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    thanks yea just a track car

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    If you get a temp gun and measure your tire temp at 3 points outer, center and inner after some hot laps u can see how much of the tire your actually using and adj ur camber accordingly
    This is the best way to see how much camber you actually need

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    Also Pedders on sunnyholt rd blacktown do mine, their hoist is in-ground so it doesn't matter how low your car is it'll get on, they do camber, height adj ect

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Yep, start with something a bit mild and get a temp gun and check tyre temps on outside, middle, and inside of the tyre. To give you an idea I'm running 4deg front and 2.5deg rear.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    thanks, yea had that in mind but wanted to get a rough idea of what setting i will need to start off with

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by dc5dave View Post
    If you get a temp gun and measure your tire temp at 3 points outer, center and inner after some hot laps u can see how much of the tire your actually using and adj ur camber accordingly
    thanks, yea had that in mind but wanted to get a rough idea of what setting i will need to start off with

Member Array
    Car:
    85CRX,EGSIR,MR2
    No probs

Quote Originally Posted by dc5dave View Post
    Just for clarifications sake (even though it is obvious), the area with the lower temp would be the one not getting enough contact and the area with the higher temp means it's getting too much contact, all equal temps or close to it would mean you have correct camber and (in general) tyre pressure. Correct tyre pressure can be determined by averaging the 3 temperature readings which should equal the temperature reading on the centre of the tyre. If the average of all 3 is lower than the centre temp then it would mean there's too much pressure, if the average of all 3 is higher than the centre temp the it means there's not enough pressure.

i thoguht it was normal to have more neg camber in the rears