Thread: Yokohama AD08

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic

Yokohama AD08

When i was looking for tyres to buy for track day i narrowed it down to 2 tyres in my budget... which was pretty small really... the Kumho KU36 and the Yokohama AD08, i was able to get a good price on the AD08s, but speaking to others some rated them shit, others said they worked well...

After getting them fitted (in place of KU31) the steering felt a little lighter and response to steering was better, i drove down to wakefield on them and they were fine, very little noticeable noise and no signs of chunky uneven wear

It was my first track day so in the early sessions they didnt need to do much, but they held up perfectly and gripped amazingly through all of the corners at high speeds, couldnt have been happier, because it was the main thing i was worried about. A mate also at the track day had gotten KU36 fitted at the same time and they seemed to be sliding a bit more through the cornering The tyres performed perfectly through the whole day and i drove home of them that night.

The next day i checked over the car and tyres, they werent worn as much as i thought they would, and still have plenty of driving left in them, although being a softer tyre not really super suitable for lots of street driving in my opinion

So if any noobs like me are looking for tyres for a trackday or similar i hope this has helped, i rate these tyres high and held up amazingly and have plenty of life left, definately reccommend them
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Thread moved out of the review forum as it is not overly comprehensive.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    how much what size are you using?>
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Account Disabled Array
    Good choice with the AD08's! We hold the FWD record at Wakefield on AD08's with a 1:05.7

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    how much what size are you using?>
    they are 205/50/15 got them cheap for just over 200 each

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Good choice with the AD08's! We hold the FWD record at Wakefield on AD08's with a 1:05.7
    awesome tyres, can only dream of times like that
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6