Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6UL v TE37

6UL v TE37

Hi guys, I've been searching for a set of lightweight wheels for my EG and 6UL and TE37's came up. The wheels will be used mainly for daily driving and on rare occasions, track. So i was just wondering which set of wheels are better for street use and which can also be used at track days? (In terms of strength and weight)

and also what are your opinions on which wheels look better on a white EG?

Sorry if i posted in the wrong section, didnt really know where it fits

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Cant even believe they are being compared...

6ul - taiwanese low pressure casting and heat treating

te37 - japanese made forged monoblock

looks wise is up to you

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Agreed. TE is a superior wheel. And I think it looks much better.

Oh okay, ive read on another forum and a couple people had said 6ULs are fairly strong for a cast wheel, so was just wondering what others thought
    Im stuck between the both of them as they both look equally appealing! If you dont mind me asking, whats your opinion on the looks of both these wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Agreed. TE is a superior wheel. And I think it looks much better.
    Yeah everyones been telling me TE>6UL cos of quality. But i see that heaps of frequent track-ers run 6UL, such as the FFamily boys, Yonas and BYP, so it got me thinking
    Okay cheers dougie!

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    People use 6ul for the sizes/offsets,light weight and theyre cheap.If thats what you want then cool

Also have you considered Enkei RPF1? They surpass JWL testing limits and very light and good looking

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    The TE37 is a superior wheel, however the 6UL has a fairly strong following with very few reports of any issues. The TE37 will be stronger being forged, and has higher wank factor, but at a higher cost as well. Have you checked the price difference? Maybe that will help you make your decision!

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    People use 6ul for the sizes/offsets,light weight and theyre cheap.If thats what you want then cool

Also have you considered Enkei RPF1? They surpass JWL testing limits and very light and good looking
    Yeah i have considered RPF1s, but i just dont get the same appeal factor compared to the 6UL even though they look very similar

Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    The TE37 is a superior wheel, however the 6UL has a fairly strong following with very few reports of any issues. The TE37 will be stronger being forged, and has higher wank factor, but at a higher cost as well. Have you checked the price difference? Maybe that will help you make your decision!
    Haha true about the wank factor, yeah ive checked the price difference, if TEs are brand new the diff is abit short of $1,000, but i've been searching for a set on yahoo.co.jp

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    even 2nd hand, a good set of te37 can cost more than a set of 6ul lol...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    even 2nd hand, a good set of te37 can cost more than a set of 6ul lol...
    Haha yeah i know, most of the time second hand TEs will be more than 6ULs but not by much, atleast the difference is easier to get

Good lightweight wheels are useless without sticky rubber. save on the $1k difference and use that to splurge on a good set of tyres like AD08, Direzza or KU36.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Cant even believe they are being compared...

6ul - taiwanese low pressure casting and heat treating

te37 - japanese made forged monoblock

looks wise is up to you
    Agreed

but I'd like to add- upon extreme circumstances and when the maximum force is used for the TE's, it will bend. As for the 6UL's, it will bend/crack.

+1 for 6UL's wheels for the price and it's preformance, and then the other money saved can buy you a set of quality tyres and then the best wheel alignment - all in the budget of a set of TE37's.
    +1 TE37's for a dedicated track car
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 07-08-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero