Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ek- srs light stays on. diagnostic- increased resistance passenger airbag

Does anyone have any ideas to fix an srs light that stays on.

The diagnostic says codes 02-02 and 02-01 - increased resistance in front passengers airbag inflator. But the car has no passenger side airbag???

I have reset the srs system but it still is staying on and it just failed a pink slip because of it.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can check, fix replace (appear to be fixed) I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers

even though you don't have a passanger airbag you may have the loom which needs to be plugged into something.

I'd disconnect your battery and then follow all the yellow looms to make sure they're all plugged in correctly. SRS plugs usually have to push in and then theres a latch you need to pull as well.

Just make sure all your fuses are good as well. You may have a hair line crack in one or something weird which is still making a connection but only slightly.

Also check any grounds that you can find, make sure they're secure and not rusty.

I just had to reset my SRS light after my alarm installer decided to unplug some looms while he was under there. *shakes head*

Good luck mate.

This may be usefull to get an idea of where the plugs go. Even if it is a LHD diagram.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    If the above all fails, i can guide u to a fix that i had to do to a mates car. Pm if your interested.
    RB1-ODC

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    although you do not have an pasangers inflator the wireing is there and it leads to a dummy resistor. You need to disconnect the battery and then the disconnect the dummy resistor and check its resistance,

ensure you reset the ECU corectly, diconnecting the battery will not do it. There is a special procedure

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    although you do not have an pasangers inflator the wireing is there and it leads to a dummy resistor. You need to disconnect the battery and then the disconnect the dummy resistor and check its resistance,

ensure you reset the ECU corectly, diconnecting the battery will not do it. There is a special procedure
    you mean reset srs ecu right
    not car ecu
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

yeah thats what he's talking about. Theres a few DIY's for this on the net. Really easy. only took a few minutes to do it the other day.

Thanks guys your really helpful.

I traced the wires through to the srs ecu and have found the passenger airbag connector. Unfortunately I don't have a multimeterto test the ressistor but ill be able to borrow one on Monday.

I have reset the srs a few times and have no issues there to do it again once I work out the ressistor issue.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement resistor from though ?

Thanks for all your help with this guys

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    ^^jaycar or dickie smith are the components joint.

Otherwise oem genuine.
    RB1-ODC

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    lol wont get a resistor at dick smiths anymore, i went to one in perth and the guy asked me what a resistor was...
    i explained it to him in the most caveman speech i could summon and he said they dont sell electrical components anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    lol wont get a resistor at dick smiths anymore, i went to one in perth and the guy asked me what a resistor was...
    i explained it to him in the most caveman speech i could summon and he said they dont sell electrical components anymore.
    Lol

What a tool that sales person was.

Theyre must of hired monkeys or muppets for the job!

Buwahhaha
    RB1-ODC

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    only replace the faulty dummy resistor with a genuine Honda part

with SRS systems there are legal implications with modifying wiring and parts.